2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my Honda connect stereo with a JVC KW-M560BT Carplay enabled unit. I found multiple threads with bits of information, so I've decided to create this post to help others out there.

I had a Honda connect unit with built in Garmin Nav, my car is a 2015 facelift. I can confirm there is access to some menus, the time has automatically synced with the new car radio, so there is no concern about having mismatched time and i still have some Mpg information.

I've been able to retain my reversing camera and steering wheel controls. I no longer have phone control buttons on the steering wheel, the USB ports and HDMI in the armrest are now redundant. I now have a USB mounted under the heater controls, i didn't feel it was worth the cost to retain the original USB ports.

My initial impressions are it's well worth the update, the aftermarket unit is so much faster, smoother and Carplay is brilliant.

Purchase list:
Connects 2 fascia and wiring adapters - Connects2 - Vehicle Integration
24 Pin camera retention interface - ATD CRC-27070 Rear Reverse Camera Retention Cable For Honda i-MID OEM 24 Pin Connector

Observations:
  • Additional wiring in connects 2 kit for Bluetooth module, given my car had the Honda connect, there is no independent Bluetooth module. For this reason you will loose the phone buttons, i will attempt to get hold of a pre-facelift Bluetooth module and connect it to see whether this restore the phone control buttons.
  • fascia in the Connects 2 kit is the same dimensions as the original Honda connects fascia. I kept my original fascia as it matches my interior better and there was no need to transfer over vents, hazard buttons etc.

I found the following useful:

Installation Vids:
Connects 2 instruction video -
Installation guidance in a pre-face civic -

Civinfo threads:

Pics:
Original unit, Double din mounted in existing fascia and fitted into the car. I will take better pictures during the day.

Happy to answer any questions.

Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Output device Home appliance Automotive design Gadget Gas

Car Vehicle Speedometer Plant Light

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if you change the clock on the head unit, it automatically updates the car (in the top i-mid display?)

good to know.

shame you've lost the phone buttons - would be interesting to see if that can be resolved.

thanks for posting!
It did in my instance, initially it didn’t when I plugged the cables in, but I think after starting the car or a few moments it synced up.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Additional comments:
  • Playing around with the Imid screen, there's still quite a lot functionality there, i was able to adjust door lock settings, reset trip computers etc.
  • Temperature control changes show in the Imid screen still.
Posting some additional pics from the daytime:

1. Main JVC screen - showing time synced with Imid screen
Car Vehicle Light Automotive design Motor vehicle

2. Car play functionality
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design

3. Reverse camera retention - I'm not sure if the pov has changed with this stereo as i cannot remember how the reverse camera appeared in the Honda connect system.
Car Automotive design Steering part Vehicle Steering wheel

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know if you have a factory fitted amp?
I don’t have a factory fitted amp, however I’m sure I’ve seen threads on this forum where people have managed to get it working with a factory amp, maybe additional wiring is required..

The KW-M560BT doesn't have DAB - is that correct?

Just looking at other JVC models - looks like the KW-M565DBT is similar size/functionality but has DAB.
That’s correct, Im not a big listener of the radio so opted for a model without Dab. Influenced more by the price, I think the KW-M560bt was £230 and is still on offer in halfords.

· Premium Member
940 Posts
I don’t have a factory fitted amp, however I’m sure I’ve seen threads on this forum where people have managed to get it working with a factory amp, maybe additional wiring is required..

That’s correct, Im not a big listener of the radio so opted for a model without Dab. Influenced more by the price, I think the KW-M560bt was £230 and is still on offer in halfords.
if you can work out how to get the telephone buttons working then i'm going to have to get one :)

· Registered
43 Posts
Not had chance to play around with the car yet as it’s my wife’s car, should hopefully find some time before the end of the month. Will update the thread shortly.
I did find the incartec kit had different wiring that allows for phone button retention.
No problem, fingers crossed it all goes well! What BT module did you get? Something like this?

BT Module

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I ordered a bt module thinking I was onto something, but that wasn’t the case as there’s no wiring for it! So that’ll be on eBay again shortly. My next steps are to wire the key2 cable from my connects 2 harness into the steering wheel column. I have a wiring diagram from in car etc that suggests the blue wire out of the harness is used for the phone buttons. Will hopefully have a window this Saturday to have a play around, providing weather holds up.

another observation is that I disconnected the radio a while ago and the clock was still set and updated. I suspect it uses GPS to update.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts