2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.

Just got back from the Honda dealers. My airbag light has been remaining on and I tried the airbag reset.

Honda have just says it will cost £1900 as the airbag control module won't talk. They says it's a hard part to source and that's why it's so costly.

Can the module just die as easy as that?

What could I look for and see if it can be repaired by any other means? I really don't fancy paying the £1900 if it's something else.

Any ideas or work arounds?

Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked that well know marketplace (ebay) and they have loads of them all under £30 pounds.
Hey 👍

Yeh I checked also and their very cheap. I contacted the garage and she says. Oh yeh sorry that was a cars ECU we quoted that would also involve programing! I was like. Honestly I've been stressed out my mind thinking the worst!

My friend has a Honda and it looks like they use the same SRS ecu so he's gonna come over and take it out and plug it into mine. If the light goes off. Problem found. If not.. Time to start digging.

Theirs so many wires linked to this system. All it takes is 1 broken cable. Hopefully I find the issue today. Will post the results 👍

·
Super Moderator
2,982 Posts
often its just a bad connection if it works with your friends clean/blow the connectors and see if its ok when refitting
vag cars are awfull for airbag faults its poor quality wires under the front seats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts