2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what model the dash top mounted portable sat nav is that you can have fitted. The bracket and electrics are there on mine but i need the sat nav to fit the slim plug (it is not the usual mini usb)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will try to get pic.
- unfortunately both HONDA access and my local dealers were not a source of huge information!!! However i have worked out for myself that the honda dash mount kit is part number 08A44 SMR KIT 1 but what goes in it is anyones guess. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
will try to get pic.
- unfortunately both HONDA access and my local dealers were not a source of huge information!!! However i have worked out for myself that the honda dash mount kit is part number 08A44 SMR KIT 1 but what goes in it is anyones guess. Thanks again
A google search of that part number gave me this link . The HONDA COMPACT NAVIGATION SYSTEM, part number 08A44-9J6-000 is £420 , a Garmin or a TomTom would be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately the honda kit does not seem to use the same power plug. from what i can see tomtom and garmin use mini usb's whereas the honda sat nav appears to use a plug that looks like a stretched thin usb with little release tabs on each side to clip it onto the sat nav. Maybe garmin, or whatever it is, used to use that sort of plug before switching to mini usb. Want to use the honda kit if possible because it is very neat and easy to take off the dashboard, i suspect it is an older garmin model. Unless i can get a plug adaptor to convert to mini usb, i appear to be ........! unless i can find out what model it is. Does anyone have one? cheers

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
unfortunately the honda kit does not seem to use the same power plug. from what i can see tomtom and garmin use mini usb's whereas the honda sat nav appears to use a plug that looks like a stretched thin usb with little release tabs on each side to clip it onto the sat nav. Maybe garmin, or whatever it is, used to use that sort of plug before switching to mini usb. Want to use the honda kit if possible because it is very neat and easy to take off the dashboard, i suspect it is an older garmin model. Unless i can get a plug adaptor to convert to mini usb, i appear to be ........! unless i can find out what model it is. Does anyone have one? cheers
Sounds a bit like an ipod connection

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks similiar but with locking tabs on the plastic plug. did garmin use micro usb on any of there models? if so, which ones, anyone know? thanks for the help Jonno might be making progress!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Here is a picture from the restyling brochure. Looks a bit like a garmin, but then again...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if it is a micro usb, i wonder if i could just get a micro usb to mini usb adaptor and buy one of the newer garmins like the 3790?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just go to Garmin shop and you find a solution for you. Nuvi 760 was good, now are more advanced models are available. You show them what you have, tell that Honda usually puts 760 there and ask what they can offer you instead to the same mounting, or ...
my idea

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have one of the "retro-fit" honda sat-nav kits, it is a rebadged garmin nuvi units, the mount is screwed into the dash/radio lid & gives a nice/secure fit. I am due to remove the unit this weekend as i am upgrading to a kenwood double din/all-in-one unit, i can take photos of the thing if that is of any use (it might even be that it is going cheap if it remains intact during the change?)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that would be great - i'm pretty sure now that it is the 760 unit that honda fit although the 860 has the same plug as well so dhould fit, cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have one of the "retro-fit" honda sat-nav kits, it is a rebadged garmin nuvi units, the mount is screwed into the dash/radio lid & gives a nice/secure fit. I am due to remove the unit this weekend as i am upgrading to a kenwood double din/all-in-one unit, i can take photos of the thing if that is of any use (it might even be that it is going cheap if it remains intact during the change?)
I would be interested in the photos and eventually in buying the lid and the mount if you won't need it any more :D
I have a Nuvi 3790 and would like the wiring to be under the dash.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
now got a garmin 860t that fits perfectly. It appears honda use the 760 but the 860 is slightly better with voice control. both are a straight fit onto the honda bracket

1 - 20 of 33 Posts