2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So booked in my R for a clutch fluid change (Pedal was doing nothing for the first 2 inches when engaged) at a main Honda dealer and was quoted £25 for the job which I thought price wise was fair enough so went ahead with the booking.

Dropped it off this morning to be told that because I wanted the clutch system totally bled and then refilled it would cost £55...... to which I said "pardon?" He then said "oh, we can do it for £45".... Surely a Clutch fluid change is a Clutch fluid change?... I didn't realise there were options..... I would have thought bleeding out the air is essential if changing the fluid in something that is hydraulic? :worms:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
When i did mine i had to take the under tray off and two front bolts in the lower sub frame snapped. i have since just left it off. felt nice improvement on the clutch operation though.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Maybe their initial quote was simply to adjust the clutch pedal in relation to the master cylinder?

Which is a much quicker job than a fluid flush.

If your car has never had a clutch fluid change, then it's definitely due and you should feel an improvement.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well as an update just been told that I need a new Clutch..... quoted £650 from Honda Main Dealer (that includes a discount).... can anyone suggest an Essex based garage I can trust? Gutted.

According to the dealer the clutch is dragging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts