2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I realise there are a few past discussions on this but looking back, they all link to e-commerce sites and the links have expired.

I'm hoping to get a diagnostic tool to review any aspect of the car that's available- including airbag status.. Not just body codes like an obd2 reader.

I understand the best way to do this might be a diagnostic tool connect to obd2 port to a PC and run "Honda" software to diagnose.

Looking at cables on the market that claim to be able to do this, it looks like there are two types available:

1. An in-line cable with electronics built into the odb2 connector plug. (Comes with a cd claiming to have Honda software but all reviews typically say its blank) available between £20-£50 depending where you buy.
Gadget Font Audio equipment Auto part Cable

2. A collection of cables, box of electronics and power pack sometimes referred to as "double board" also coming with a CD. Available between £80-£120
Product Audio equipment Font Gadget Cable

Does anyone here have experience in either of the two offerings described?
Or have an alternative method in getting all diagnostic information out of the car?
Or know where to get a copy of the "Honda" (cloned?) Software from?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,639 Posts
look here under shared documents/4. other reference material/software/honda HDS

never opened it so can't guarantee it works or tell you how to but it was created by a trusted member of the forum and contains a bag load of useful stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
look here under shared documents/4. other reference material/software/honda HDS

never opened it so can't guarantee it works or tell you how to but it was created by a trusted member of the forum and contains a bag load of useful stuff.
Thanks Wilmo, that looks really promising! Hoping someone can shed some light on which clone tool (if any) can utilise this.

Cheers!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contacted a vendor who happened to be selling both versions of the tools I posted above..

sp65 [cheaper in-line cable] can only support cars before 2010, mainly for diagnosis
sp15 [more expensive 'double board' tool] supports cars before 2020, supports diagnosis, programming, keys

Sounds like I need the second one for more options 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts