2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have the OEM radio in my 2007 Honda EX (Sat Nav), its old and dated, time to install double din.

I'm not worried about the functionality of the sat nav, but need the air con, clock and everything else to work as normal. This is the unit I want to go for:
Pioneer SPH-DA120
SPH-DA120 Apple CarPlay compatible with large 6.2-Inch Capacitive Touch Screen, GPS, Bluetooth, Android, iPhone and MirrorLink. Also supports AppRadio Mode - Pioneer AppRadio

As a complete novice can someone point me in the right direction regarding:
1. Parts to buy
2. Will the air con, steering controls, clock still all work ok?
3. Special wiring looms?
4. Anything else I need to know specific to Honda EX Sat Nav change out?

Many Thanks
Simon

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I have looked into this and my advice is don't bother. Should I had known about the ins and outs of the EX sat nav unit, I would have avoided an EX all together.
With the right kit, you retain steering wheel control (radio must be compatible and correct loom). You will also need the fascia panel - this will set you back around an extra £120-ish - so factor that in to the cost.

You will lose the sat nav screen picture - so you will have a large dead screen on the dash with no output- This also means that while you can control the air con / heating using the buttons on the drivers dash you will not be able to see what fan outputs you have selected, or air con on/off!

Better off just getting a Xcarlink and be done with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts