2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Anything will fit with the right amount of fabrication...

We should be looking at the FK2 suspension (mainly the front struts) and engine, as its pretty much the same chassis as the FN, so could be a bolt in job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lol, i bought some 2019 type r seats for my FN2. the 2 front bolts are about 1cm appart, and the rear ones for some reason are a totally different bolt stem. I'm gonna make a custom bracket to get those seats fitted properly. Ive not checked yet to see if the airbag cables are compatible yet... :O

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Anything will fit with the right amount of fabrication...

We should be looking at the FK2 suspension (mainly the front struts) and engine, as its pretty much the same chassis as the FN, so could be a bolt in job.
Hasn't someone on here replaced their rear beam with the FK2 one?

I think the front subframes and control arms are different so I'd assume the hardpoints for the struts will be different. Plus the wheel hubs from the FK2 are supposed to be fancy to accommodate the extra torque.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can any of you Type R gents help an adventurer out. I own a late model 2007 57plate 2006 - 2011. Honda CRV. 2.2 cdti 4x4. It's got the N22A type engine in it.

Its heavily modified and I push 250 bhp with 350 ft bulbs torque . It loves clutch plates. The 4x4 system seems to be coping well but as an impatient soul I'm trying to find a gearbox a type r gearbox that has the LSD that would fit my engine type?. I've looked at fn2 2007 gearboxes they look very similar.

Reason I want to change is so I can have a higher ratio. Potentially better mpg?
Does anyone know if I could also add the 4x4 box to that gearbox. Or if I would have to remove it to use the type r gearbox.

Need some help so if you know a gearbox guru send him my way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts