2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Could you please share your experience with me about compression test on Honda FN2. I am going crazy with that :grin2:. My cylinders are 10 bars all. Could you tell me is that normal and share your measurements with me?

Thank You in advance!

P.S it is stock FN2

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello guys,

Could you please share your experience with me about compression test on Honda FN2. I am going crazy with that :grin2:. My cylinders are 10 bars all. Could you tell me is that normal and share your measurements with me?

Thank You in advance!

P.S it is stock FN2
I wouid say that because all cylinders are reading the same then thats good!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for an aswer! I would like to know what is comperssion test for brand new Honds fn2?Is there any thing in manual?I could not find manual anywhere on internet.Is there any owner of same car,I would like to hear your opinion?

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you for an aswer! I would like to know what is comperssion test for brand new Honds fn2?Is there any thing in manual?I could not find manual anywhere on internet.Is there any owner of same car,I would like to hear your opinion?

Thanks!
It really doesn't matter, what are you trying to achieve with this compression test?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It really doesn't matter, what are you trying to achieve with this compression test?
I would like to see is it my engine good or not. It seems a bit low to me for this kind of engine. I just wanted to compare this numbers with somebody.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would like to see is it my engine good or not. It seems a bit low to me for this kind of engine. I just wanted to compare this numbers with somebody.
Unless you have damaged each and very cylinder or valve in the exact same way across all 4 cylinder, then the readings you are getting are telling you that you have good/healthy compression, THE ACTUAL VALUE TELLS YOU NOTHING

If you don't know what or why you are doing a compression test, i suggest you put the equipment away and forget about it, or use Google to search what the values actually mean

About the only other thing worth doing, is to put a drop of oil into each cylinder and repeat the compression test to see if the values increase or not, this will give you an indication of how worn the bore/piston rings are

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that the values will vary depending on if the throttle is fully depressed or not! My old MR2 went from 145 psi up to 155 psi because of this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless you have damaged each and very cylinder or valve in the exact same way across all 4 cylinder, then the readings you are getting are telling you that you have good/healthy compression, THE ACTUAL VALUE TELLS YOU NOTHING

If you don't know what or why you are doing a compression test, i suggest you put the equipment away and forget about it, or use Google to search what the values actually mean

About the only other thing worth doing, is to put a drop of oil into each cylinder and repeat the compression test to see if the values increase or not, this will give you an indication of how worn the bore/piston rings are
Thank you for good explanation. I will do wet test to compare values.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts