2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right People Tell Me What To Do, I Took My CIVIC to Honda for its first service and they had given it a Free Wash when I got home and looked at the car properly its not been washed properly and got swirl marks everywhere, the bumpers and skirts are still dirty and its got smears on the windows and all over the body work, it hasn't been dried when parts of it has been washed :s some parts on the roof are still dirty :confused::facepalm:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
If ever you get your car serviced again wash it before you go and insist they do not wash it for you. At the very most they'll have some guy with a sponge and pressure washer scratching swirls all over it.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I agree, next service insist it isn't washed ...... but ask politely to have it Hoovered out, that's what I do. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Right People Tell Me What To Do, I Took My CIVIC to Honda for its first service and they had given it a Free Wash when I got home and looked at the car properly its not been washed properly and got swirl marks everywhere, the bumpers and skirts are still dirty and its got smears on the windows and all over the body work, it hasn't been dried when parts of it has been washed :s some parts on the roof are still dirty :confused::facepalm:
take it back and show them the swirls, then ask them to pay for a professional detail.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
+1

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
take it back and show them the swirls, then ask them to pay for a professional detail.
If you do this good luck to you. I suppose there is no harm in asking but I would be shocked if it gets anywhere. More than likely they'll send it back to the same contractor who will spend a few minutes more on the car than before.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I NEVER let my dealer valet my car when it's been with them.
I tell service reception that I don't want it doing & I even leave a printed notice attached to dash board to remind them.
Might sound sad but at least I know that it's not been attacked by someone with a wire brush or similar.:worms:

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
I NEVER let my dealer valet my car when it's been with them.
I tell service reception that I don't want it doing & I even leave a printed notice attached to dash board to remind them.
Might sound sad but at least I know that it's not been attacked by someone with a wire brush or similar.:worms:
Exactly what I do, printed some of those "don't wash my car" posters on DW.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Avonvale in Northampton allways hand mine back looking great.........lovely and clean.

Regards all

John

Same here, my local dealer and local hand car wash always seem to do a great job, but its all down to 'personal expectations'.

Ive looked at loads of threads on here about 'cleaning' and just think to myself 'get a life' to some of them!

My biggest concern is car park rash, more servere and more permanent!!!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.