Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
:lurking:

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Sorry if i sound stupid, but, does this also relate to the Type R third gear issue? Or is it purely a syncromesh problem?

instead of replacing third and fourth syncromesh they now are looking for foreign objects as a more likely cause?

sorry again if i've got the wrong idea
no thats the synchro

Reactions: crowmar kirkliss

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
ahaaaa the precious bulletins :)

Are these used all over the world to inform dealerships about quirks or are these only from HUK and thus only covering the UK?

I dont know if i have the guts to shove them under the managers nose on my next service. My car is out of warranty so i dont think they'll agree to adress the problem without charge, allthough i have always made them aware of the problem during each service.

But still, good to know honda have acknowlegded the issue!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Awesome, I've been having really notchy gears and resistance getting them in... And they're taking a look on Tuesday. Perfect time for the ammo :D.

·
Registered
720 Posts

Are these used all over the world to inform dealerships about quirks or are these only from HUK and thus only covering the UK?
I know they have an online system where they check for known issues, at least here in Slovenia. I don't know the details though.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I dont know if i have the guts to shove them under the managers nose on my next service. My car is out of warranty so i dont think they'll agree to adress the problem without charge, allthough i have always made them aware of the problem during each service.

But still, good to know honda have acknowlegded the issue!
i'm no expert, but the cars are made here and shipped to europe so i would expect the bulletins to cover all european models...

i'd stick them up the managers hooter and see what he/she says !!
it's what i did with the hints & tips sheet from ash_rage and watched them backtrack on everything i'd been told :)

Reactions: Woette

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
Remember people not all service advisors are technically minded (unlike some) and depending how much there knowledge of the Honda ecom system is they might not be awhere of the bullietins, so when you do go in there please be nice about it, and 9/10 your get the responce you want

Thanks

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remember people not all service advisors are technically minded (unlike some) and depending how much there knowledge of the Honda ecom system is they might not be awhere of the bullietins, so when you do go in there please be nice about it, and 9/10 your get the responce you want

Thanks
but they should know imo, it is there job after all...
or at least look for a solution instead of blaming it on driver error !!
that said tho, i was dealing with the most useless dealership ever.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i'm no expert, but the cars are made here and shipped to europe so i would expect the bulletins to cover all european models...

i'd stick them up the managers hooter and see what he/she says !!
it's what i did with the hints & tips sheet from ash_rage and watched them backtrack on everything i'd been told :)
I wouldn't be so sure. For example when the (in)famous MICU fusebox recall has been issued I have asked my dealer about it, they checked for recalls using Honda's online system but it did not apply to my car although it is a MY08. Perhaps that is different because MICU fusebox could be different on a LHD car from a RHD car.

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure. For example when the (in)famous MICU fusebox recall has been issued I have asked my dealer about it, they checked for recalls using Honda's online system but it did not apply to my car although it is a MY08. Perhaps that is different because MICU fusebox could be different on a LHD car from a RHD car.
Is your car auto or manual?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
hello guys!

So did the bulletings helped out on your shifting problems?

Never tried it, its a bulletin from Honda UK so i dont expect it to be of any use in a belgian dealer.

Problem still continues on my car, still difficult to engage second gear on down and upshifts. Dealer refused to work on gearbox under warranty because it was "too much work" and "there wasnt anything wrong with it".
I've learned to live with it...

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
75 Posts
didnt help us - cable links are ok, no debris in the way, but 4 years on and still have a terrible 3rd-2nd gear shift when the car is cold. So bad sometimes it doesnt even go into 2nd gear!

Dealers can never recreate the problem which is a surprise as it does it everytime we drive our car. I bet they leave it idling for 15 mins to warm it up!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1st & 2nd gear change problems

I have this problem when i down change gear from 2nd to 3rd, This only seems to happen from a cold start and only from outside my house where I park on a very steep hill facing downhill, is there any reason why this could be part of the problem? If so i may have to move house!

I'm taking to to the honda dealer on tuesday armed with your fault report sheets.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Our car finally went in for 10 days and after 'discussing' with Honda UK my dealer took the box apart and replaced 2nd gear and some syncro. The pictures they took showed the teeth on the gear and syncro all rounded off. Pretty poor on a car that has only done 22k. Either the gears are made of butter or the whole gear system is badly designed.

Now we have the car back, it's better but still very notchy. At least we have another years warantee in which we can get it fixed again next winter, along with other reoccuring faults like creaking rear suspension, clunks from the front right suspension, mold growing in the seals on the rear window and a rattling drivers side window and dash.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Hi all
I've got various gear box woes, changing down the gears (various gears) and first to second feels notchy and clunky to engage. I've only had the car six weeks and its still got a few months of Honda warranty left. I called at my Honda dealer who told me all they can do is remove the gear box to investigate but they also said if its down to driver misuse it would not be covered. This worrys me! this sounds like a big get out to me, I dont fancy a big bill for any investigation costs if they say its not covered. Has any body been told the same from a dealer and what was the outcome? also is the cost of any investigation work covered under the warranty if they say its down to the driver or they can't find any problems.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts