2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

yesterday I had issues with my Honda Hack (basic)

Installed: Maps, Youtube, Waze, Sygic.
Playstore, Google Play Account-thingy...(dont remember the name)
Than I updated each app thru Google Play.

Dunno if that caused my following issue or not, but since than my system went slow as ****!
Of those apps, literally every single one of them didn't even work and if they did work, they were slow.

Only thing that worked perfectly after updates is the Youtube app.
Maps didnt even start.
Sygic, didnt let me go into the menu
Waze, worked, but I only could see a black screen, corners showed the speed etc, but no map, no directions, only black.

I just uninstalled every app and Honda Hack...
My question, can I reuse the authorisation code I received?
I would retry to install one app at a time without updating them.
Atm I cannot do anything since I'm at work.

Thx all!

·
Registered
491 Posts
From what I've read the system slows down when you install the Playstore and add your account. Also, don't install too many apps because the headunit has very little RAM memory and can't cope whit that many apps.
I believe you can reuse the authorisation code but if it doesn't work just contact Hondahack and they will help you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight, makes sence!

I did use my account...

attempt 2 later this evening, we'll see what happens, for now I'm glad I could remove everything without too many fuss...

·
Registered
491 Posts
aight, makes sence!

I did use my account...

attempt 2 later this evening, we'll see what happens, for now I'm glad I could remove everything without too many fuss...
The problem is background activity. The more apps that have it, the more the system will have to work.
With the headunit connected on your account, the more activity there is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should have installed Waze from Honda hack repo (thru its menu). It's got Waze version with custom map resolution for Honda hu. And yes, install as min apps as required, our hu's are weak and slow

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
As expressed above - Running Android, you can think of the Honda headunit as a £50 Ebay Android tablet - It's got the same specs! ~1GB RAM etc.

On the 9th Gen, there were speed issues so bad (With OEM Apps) that they had to release the RC7 / 8 updates to dial back background activity to make the HU More usable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts