2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have had a look at www.hondahandsfree.com and was wondering if they have done a similar thing for the satnav?! I have had a look around but cant find one, that maybe because there isnt one but does anyone know for sure?

Thanks

:)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
lost me a bit there, sorry? :(

you can get a handsfree kit for a bluetooth phone - but I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with the sat nav?

The built in sat nav can be voice controlled as standard. In the pic on that site 2 of the buttons are for phone, other two are for voice controlling the rest of the car - sat nav / radio / air con.

for a non built in sat nav, it would need to have voice control on the unit itself, and would then also need to be able to be controlled by bluetooth - and the Civic would need to 'speak' (no pun intended) the same bluetooth protocol as the sat nav unit - and I'm not sure that such a protocol exists :(

or am I missing the point completly? (wouldn't be the first time :lol: :oops:)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
ahhh - that'll be me then - over there, barking up the wrong tree :oops:

cheers Mr Spider :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i did mean the website :)

I will try and word it better next time :oops:

So any ideas if a "hondasatnav" website exists to show you how it works?

Im getting so excited now and i am hunting for any info i can that will keep my hunger at bay until i get my new car! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been trawling the web looking for the same sort of thing without much luck.

The closest I got was a thread in these forums with pictures showing the Sat-Nav in action.

I had a 'test drive' of SatNav in a diesel a few weeks back to help me decide whether to have it on my Trpe R or not.

I have ordered it but I'm not sure that being as mesmerised as I was by the screen is condusive to safe driving! :eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm yeah thats a good point! Oh well 2 late now! lol! I will try not to get 2 distracted!

I have seen one when its static but not actually moving and giving directions. I have ordered it nonetheless :) based on a friends reccomendation that it is a good system.

I did need a handsfree kit anyway so :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts