2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new to the site so please keep it simple for me! :)

About to take possession of new Honda Civic Type S GT and the dealer hasn't been much help with bluetooth options.

I'm not sure about where Honda have positioned the aftermarket bluetooth in the middle of the dash. Has anyone fitted a Parott to the right hand side of the dash near the speaker and if so what type would you recommend. I don't need the ipod connection so just a decent bluetooth would be good.

All contributions greatfully welcomed!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Nokia CK7W ?

Ive fitted 4 Nokia CK7W's in various cars and they work a treat with every mobile Ive always had.

You dont get caller ID with them but you get a cracking quality reception for a bargain price. I pick them up used from ebay for £30. Once they're paired with your phone you can just leave it in your pocket.

Doesn't answer your original question but if you're on a budget and want something easy to fit (4 wires) worth considering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just had a look online and this appears simple right enough. Being a new car i was hoping to go all out (within reason, I am a tight Scotsman!) and get something to last. Parott seems highly recommended but the civic dash is so styled I don't want to ruin it.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I brought and fitted the Parrot MKI9200 as I found honda's built in bluetooth was rubbish. I also wanted extras so I could stream music from phone to car via bluetooth and ipod connections etc (Prob more than your after)

I have the screen on the right hand side of the dash as shown below.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I fitted the Parrot CK3100 into my CTR,
Exellent kit, well worth the money, Easy to install using the right adaptor leads, which mutes your stereo etc.
It has a good LCD screen, and also voice activated dialing.

I wasnt sure about puttin mine on the dash either, there arent a lot of great places to put it. Im not a smoker, so have no use for the cigarette lighter, so removed it, and put it there. I ran the mic up the A pillar on the drivers door.

Works perfect.

Parrot CK3100 LCD - First Bluetooth® hands free car kit with LCD display

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts