2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any good feedback regarding this feature?

Secondly, do Honda supply an accessory which will hold and charge your handset?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just had one fitted mate and very pleased with it. It can pair up to three phones in its memory, has voice recognition calling, last number redial and an auto answer function. It also has a few other features aswell. Hope this has helped.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
It works well, once you have had the mic mod done (have a look in the wiki). And no, you need to buy a third party mount (I never bother, my phone just stays in my case and it all works fine).

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
I like the fact that i never have to touch my phone. It just stays in the dark depths of my handbag.
When i turn on the ignition it pairs immediately makes a small beep and then i can make and receive calls to my hearts content :D

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Just had one fitted mate and very pleased with it. It can pair up to three phones in its memory, has voice recognition calling, last number redial and an auto answer function. It also has a few other features aswell. Hope this has helped.
Make, price, ease of fitting?

"I'm frank,
Brutally frank.
Even when I'm not frank,
I look frank!"

·
Registered
103 Posts
It works well, once you have had the mic mod done (have a look in the wiki). And no, you need to buy a third party mount (I never bother, my phone just stays in my case and it all works fine).
have seen on various threads that a lot of you keep your phone in your pocket etc, but how do you know who is calling you? I just picked up my EX on friday so sorry if im missing something obvious!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I like mine....it does what it says it's supposed to do ......

Only 2 quibbles with it really....

1. Even though I have a lovely big screen there (Sat Nav), it doesn't display the callers number or name, so as I keep my phone firmly in my pocket whilst I'm driving, I've no idea who's calling - thus making avoiding the wife REALLY difficult!

2. When I use the voice recognition to make a call, with the window open, the system seems to think I'm German and starts talking bavarian at me.....:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
21,028 Posts

1. Even though I have a lovely big screen there (Sat Nav), it doesn't display the callers number or name, so as I keep my phone firmly in my pocket whilst I'm driving, I've no idea who's calling - thus making avoiding the wife REALLY difficult!

2. When I use the voice recognition to make a call, with the window open, the system seems to think I'm German and starts talking bavarian at me.....:rolleyes:
Schut ze vindow ? :)

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts

Schut ze vindow ? :)
:rofl: That made me laugh, sorry ;)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
The lack of in-coming caller name/number and no voice dialling via the handset is a pain. I got around the former by getting a Sony Ericsson watch which pairs to the SE phone. It displays the callers name (if in phonebook or number if not) on the watch face.

Phil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The caller ID issue is a pain - never seen the watch thing though.... does anyone know of a cheap ID display that doesn't come with the whole phone kit attached. I've seen nifty ones that show up in the rear view mirror but are part of a whole hands free kit ..

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts

The new sat nav dvd ver3.31 could fix this

1 - 20 of 30 Posts