2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Incase anyone wants it, Honda Hints and Tip Issue no 9.

Lots of useful info on here.

Dont forget the thanks button :)

Attachments

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Hmm, fault #4, difficult gear selection... I've noticed something recently.

When downshifting into 2nd or 1st, if I don't double-clutch, it's quite an effort to select the gear.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Now this has been posted does this mean cars older than 3 years can get these items replaced as now Honda are admitting they have issues with the car.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now this has been posted does this mean cars older than 3 years can get these items replaced as now Honda are admitting they have issues with the car.

Dont think so, this is issued to Honda dealers to instruct them of ongoing issues.

I have one other previous issue which I posted here a while ago.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again thanks mate, My car is now booked in for issue number 2. a week on Monday
Ah yes,3rd and 4th synchro set. I had that issue. Get them to photograph the internals of the box so you can assess wear on gears. Also get them to photograph when the box is back together so you can see if they make a pigs ear of the Hondabond sealeant. They made a mess of mine! Also I could see wear on some gears :-(

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how can they not recall all dervs based on that? and all 2007 ctrs?
I dont know all the ins and out of it if I'm honest. I'm sure somewhere they will have a term/condition saying "we do what the hell we want outside of warranty periods", I'm paraphrasing of course.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
just had a call from the service desk saying the service manager is not aware of any warrenty extensions on this issue so wants my car in and see if Honda will do it from goodwill. But now they have accepted there is an issue surely this shouldnt be an issue.
Does anyone have HUK's number which I can call to see if there was an extension on these issues. My local Honda just didnt seem to know what issues I was talking about etc

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
just had a call from the service desk saying the service manager is not aware of any warrenty extensions on this issue so wants my car in and see if Honda will do it from goodwill. But now they have accepted there is an issue surely this shouldnt be an issue.
Does anyone have HUK's number which I can call to see if there was an extension on these issues. My local Honda just didnt seem to know what issues I was talking about etc
My Honda dealer didn't know about these hints and tips documents from HUK til I showed it to them also! Great communication between HUK and dealers. HUK customer Service is 0845 200 8000, hope you dont get a certain unhelpful female :facepalm:

Bear in mind I have issue 7 and HUK still wont authorise the work and I'm in warranty

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the bulletin for fix #6 please? :)

My 2 local Honda dealerships says that the clicking noise from the clutch pedal is the cruise control switch even though I've told them that their showroom Civics which I've sat in and depressed the clutch, don't make the clicking noise :(

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
My Honda dealer didn't know about these hints and tips documents from HUK til I showed it to them also! Great communication between HUK and dealers. HUK customer Service is 0845 200 8000, hope you dont get a certain unhelpful female :facepalm:

Bear in mind I have issue 7 and HUK still wont authorise the work and I'm in warranty
I've had #2 done and I have #7. My car is out of warranty, and to be honest I'm not too keen on them replacing the clutch because when this one is shot it is LSD time! :lol:

I might even chuck in a cheeky lightweight flywheel at the same time. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had #2 done and I have #7. My car is out of warranty, and to be honest I'm not too keen on them replacing the clutch because when this one is shot it is LSD time! :lol:

I might even chuck in a cheeky lightweight flywheel at the same time. ;)
good call, i dont want a paddle clutch so will do some digging.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Thanks for this Ash, issue 7 has reared its head in my M200 already, at least its moved a bit further on than when it happened in my last FN2

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
well my car is going in this morning for the investigation work. So get to wit around for a few hours around the show room.... great fun.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
thanks ash !!

wherever you got that from (i won't ask) but could you get a copy of the bulletins for item 4 ??

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know where I can get the bulletin for fix #6 please? :)

My 2 local Honda dealerships says that the clicking noise from the clutch pedal is the cruise control switch even though I've told them that their showroom Civics which I've sat in and depressed the clutch, don't make the clicking noise :(
wherever you got that from (i won't ask) but could you get a copy of the bulletins for item 4 ??
Thanks mate!
Do you have the bulletins of the 1 and the 6? Two very common problems :(
Sadly they wont give me bulletins

1 - 20 of 32 Posts