2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a Honda Integra Type-R, anyone have one or had one? I'd like some opinions please :)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
'tis regarded by many as the best handling FWD of all time. That's all I know!

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Ditto to Bungle's comments. Plus a screaming petrol engine of the great Honda tradition of revs.
This engine would be lost on you oil burning boys, changing up at 4000rpm as you do. It's no fun down there. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
122 Posts
All I know is the Accord Type R was a bloody cracking drive. The Integra by all accounts is that and plenty more to add. Legendary engine in a legendary car!!

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Also on the old one there's 2 door and 4 door (or is it 3 and 5?).
I've had a thrash on a circuit in one and great fun car on par with the old CTR but just a tad heavier.

·
您看了
456 Posts
Also on the old one there's 2 door and 4 door (or is it 3 and 5?).
I've had a thrash on a circuit in one and great fun car on par with the old CTR but just a tad heavier.
I hope you actually mean "on par with the old CTR but the old CTR is just a tad heavier".

find the technical info below.....

Honda Integra Type R DC2 Specification

Max power 187 BHP
Max torque 131 Lb/Ft
Weight 1160 KG
Top speed 140 MPH
0-62mph 6.7s

Honda Integra Type R DC5 Specification

Max power 217 BHP
Max torque 152 Lb/Ft
Weight 1173 KG
Top speed 146 MPH
0-62mph 6.0s

Honda Civic Type R 2001-2006 Specification

Max power 197 BHP
Max torque 144 Lb/Ft
Weight 1204 KG
Top speed 145 MPH
0-62mph 6.2s

(don't be fooled by the lights on the DC2, that is the JDM spec nose cone)

The old Integra DC2 Type-R is probably the best FWD car ever made, in fact it very recently won that very award in evo magazine if my memory serves. The handling is sublime, the Vtec engine has never, ever had a better home. The only negative (and this is tiny) is that the car is not really a commuter transport. It is a very focused lightwieght drivers car right down the carefully mixed paint formula. The only similarity with the Civic is that they both wear Honda badges. Nothing in the driving experience is the same. It's pretty loud inside due to the virtual lack of any soundproofing and it is geared pretty low so the engine will be reving at motorway speed.

Interestingly from those specs it would appear that the DC2 is the slowest of all 3 cars. couldn't be further from the truth. In fact the order I have posted the specs is in the order of Merit, with the DC2 rightly on top. For me styling wise the DC5 just pips it, and on the road it is almost as good as a DC2, but both are rated about the old Type-R (which as a drivers car pips even the newest Type-R according to alot of independant reviews... funny how things seem to move backwards ;))

Although a 4door was made it is kinda like seeing a Ferrari you love then buying one with a tow bar and trailer on it. Why add extra wieght to a car built to be light?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts