2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive got the official honda ipod connection in my civic and an iphone and as many of you know they dont get on all that well as the error display comes up on the honda when you plug them in. eventually it does work if you keep the error message flashing long enought and you can control the iphone as an ipod and all works fine.

so i thought there must be some thing that trigers it to start working and ive got a routein of making it work every time now. here goes.

name play lists Honda1 - Honda9 (must be cap H and no gap between honda and number) (i pintched that off another thread)

put your music in to the play lists. as many as you want 100+ is fine

the when u get in the car select a track on one of the play lists and play it. (not from car, do it strait from your iphone)

then plug in your iphone and it will say accessory attached.

the civic will look for the iphone and the '9' will be flashing on the display.... wait..... then it will say error....... then cycle through your sources my pressing the button on your wheel until you get back to the ipod input.... wait... the music should play and its just like the ipod... if it dosent then repeat what ive just said.....

this works now 9/10 times first time for me...

hope that helps...

ollie :)

Reactions: vintagevrs

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not dead but well aware of what to do to me what someone may say more clear. then what happens is not able to read the names of the playlist. as we must then call them if so. thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for that, wasnt even going to bother setting up my new iphone or trying it with the honda adapter as I plugged it in once and got an error. This works fine. Also, the only part of the phone locked is the ipod so can still make/recieve calls etc which is good. If listening to a song and you recieve a call, the music fades out and your ring tone fades in over the speakers. I then just answer the phone in loud speaker mode and works spot on as hands free!

Thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same problem for me.
I have better solution if no one found it already.
Set Ipod to standby mode and connect it before you give contact in car. I even connect Ipod before I put key in.
Works for me 18 of 20 times :)

Hope this will work for you too... Send a reply if you try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
does anyone have a solution for the iPhone 3G with 2.2 firmware. I've got it working twice randomly, the solutions in this thread dont seem to work, apart from the 2 times it worked the rest of the time it just goes to ERROR and stays that way. Everytime i plug in the official Honda iPod adapter into my iPhone it asks me if i want to turn on airplane mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems like we all (who use ipod touch or iphone 2.1 or 2.2 ) have similar problem. Recently, every time i connect Ipod touch i got to make it work. Before that I just get err. Last time i succeeded after 20 Km of driving. Grrrr. I hate this, and every solution "stopped" working.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is really annoying here, is that when the display says error, you can press and hold the iPhones home button for six seconds, and the iPod screen is "unlocked" for a little while, allowing to select and play music over the car speakers.. But then after a short while, the iPod is locked again.

I was wondering if it would be possible to break some of the pins in the cable (through an adapter or something) in order to disable the ipod screen lock. I would be perfectly happy if the iPhone could be controlled only on the iPhone (sacrificing the steering wheel controls).

Another annoying thing - it is possible to have other sound passed on from the iPhone to the car - try starting a game or similar while it says error on the car display.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well i am glad i am not the only one having trouble getting it to work regularly or at all. Sitting in the drive for 10minutes before leaving trying to get it to work isn't fun, most of the time i end up just putting a CD on now. Oh well at least it still charges my iPhone, if anyone finds a solution please post it here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well i am glad i am not the only one having trouble getting it to work regularly or at all. Sitting in the drive for 10minutes before leaving trying to get it to work isn't fun, most of the time i end up just putting a CD on now. Oh well at least it still charges my iPhone, if anyone finds a solution please post it here.
No, it's not fun at all. I don't know if Apple know for this (i'm sure they do), but will they solve it with 2.3 version...
Do you know any better forum for complaining to apple's products ?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
to me, this honda ipod connector sounds like a waste of time... i had a dension ice link plus setup in my clio and it was fine... with the civic its MP3 CDS all the way!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey fella im havin exactly the same problem with my Touch with the 2.2 update!

worked brilliantly the first time using Honda1 etc. I stopped the car and now its not working at all just ERROR! im glad i'm not the only oen but this seriously sucks as connector was 230 and so was the ipod! im thinkin 460 quid down the pisser which i could have got a set of new alloys with :(

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
bought my car last week and have exactly the same problem with my ipod touch, i asked at dealers and they said ipod changed the connectors on the new iphone and touch but will be changing it back when the new ipods come out in feb

seems mine is a waste of money for now then - i cant get it to work at all just some err message

·
Registered
49 Posts
yea its a joke fella! to be honest im disgusted with Apple. they shouldnt realease products if they are not all compatible and should be told that this wouldnt work or provide another cable. its a lost of money down the pisser

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
buy a dension or dice system. Much better functionality and it actually works!

·
Registered
49 Posts
yea i looked at your install i think it was but after paying 230 for the honda one in good faith im not best pleased! i even told the dealership which ipod and they never even mentioned compatability issues which is insult to injury

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lately I found problem is that Ipod Touch/Iphone is looking to continue the last played song but can't.

Now every time before I disconnect ipod i set it to play 1st song on 1st disc.

1 or 2 clicks on Disc selection button. Next time I connect Ipod I set it to play 1st song from 1st playlist on ipod.

Mostly it works good.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Seems like we all (who use ipod touch or iphone 2.1 or 2.2 ) have similar problem. Recently, every time i connect Ipod touch i got to make it work. Before that I just get err. Last time i succeeded after 20 Km of driving. Grrrr. I hate this, and every solution "stopped" working.
Mate I have a 1gen iPod touch 2.2 and it functions perfectly!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts