2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, not a Civic but should be the same anyhow.

Was attempting to take the child seat out of the Jazz last night and the seat belt locked. In my futile attempts to get it unstuck I have now got a properly jammed car seat in the car and can not buckle it in or take it out.

Anyone got any ideas or tricks? I google it but mostly got "I had a crash" results.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Normally, putting it fully back, cures it...
Yes, that's the way how the automatic locking works. However if I understood law000 unfortunately managed to put it in the position where it cannot be put back anymore (and it cannot be pulled out as it's locked).
I once in my old Honda also got to that point. I was transporting a chair and fortunately I could dissasemble it into parts with a screwdriver. Otherwise I would have the same problem.
I wish I could help ....

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's the way how the automatic locking works. However if I understood law000 unfortunately managed to put it in the position where it cannot be put back anymore (and it cannot be pulled out as it's locked).
I once in my old Honda also got to that point. I was transporting a chair and fortunately I could dissasemble it into parts with a screwdriver. Otherwise I would have the same problem.
I wish I could help ....
Yes, essentially where the car belt buckles in it has to loop around the seat. However there is no more slack left to pull the loop from the seat so it is jammed. I think I may have to break the seat apart as the seat will be cheaper to replace then the belt.

I tried putting a metal ruler down the gap to see if I can disengage the lock but I can't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts