2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate just bought a Jazz today....

Does anyone know of a decent (like this one) Forum for Jazz owners???

I've already Google'd it, but didn't come up with much.....just the usual Yahoo etc. crap.....

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The smallhonda site did have a Jazz section, but the owner has just lumped all the different car sections into one. So it looks like he's kind of given in with the whole Jazz thing.

Should I make a new forum section for the little Jazz? Does it need some love?

·
Registered
341 Posts
In last week's issue of Auto Express, they did a 60000 mile strip down on the Jazz.
This is the repair log of it during their tenure:-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And twice NO!!!!

I'm just after helping him out a little TBH...

I'll point him towards the sites that have been suggested...

Cheers all.

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
I'm sure the Jazz is a great practical car etc, its just not for me, i don't dislike it, but each to their own, in this case the Civic!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
It is a great little car! I had one! Just that every other Jazz owner I encountered had a zimmer frame stashed in the boot and was about 50 years older than me :( Honda are smart though, if the new Civic has scared away older folk, there's always the Jazz to tempt them!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Indeedy [smilie=nope.gif]

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I spent a week or two with a Jazz in march, and I quite liked it. The visibility was superb, and it was a pleasure around town.

It big big downside was on faster roads. It was very unpleasant on motorways, but I feel it might just be a trait of small cars. Way too noisy and uncofortable for me at that kind of speed.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Which engine did your Jazz have Bungle, 1.2 or 1.4?
While I totally agree with your 'about town' comments, I have to disagree with your findings regarding faster roads. We had a 1.4 Sport version for a couple of years and I was always amazed by its motorway refinement for a small car -happy as the proverbial sandboy at 70-80mph - we always arrived at our destination feeling very calm and relaxed.
It's no wonder it scores so highly in all of the surveys.
Also, I reckon there is more room for a front passenger to stretch out due to its deeper foot well legroom compared to the Civic.(or a CR-V for that matter)

I do not think that small car necessarily equates to poor high speed refinement.

This week's Auto Express features the new Mini Cooper and I quote "In fact,whatever type of driving you're doing, the MINI excels, with refinement at motorway speeds being especially impressive"

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Which engine did your Jazz have Bungle, 1.2 or 1.4?
While I totally agree with your 'about town' comments, I have to disagree with your findings regarding faster roads. We had a 1.4 Sport version for a couple of years and I was always amazed by its motorway refinement for a small car -happy as the proverbial sandboy at 70-80mph - we always arrived at our destination feeling very calm and relaxed.
It's no wonder it scores so highly in all of the surveys.
Also, I reckon there is more room for a front passenger to stretch out due to its deeper foot well legroom compared to the Civic.(or a CR-V for that matter)

I do not think that small car necessarily equates to poor high speed refinement.

This week's Auto Express features the new Mini Cooper and I quote "In fact,whatever type of driving you're doing, the MINI excels, with refinement at motorway speeds being especially impressive"

I had ther 1.4 I think. No, I did.

Most of my family have moved from SE London/Kent borders to the medway towns, so it is a regular trip. When I had the Jazz, we took it as we had fuel to use up (the garage won't get any of our fuel back!).
The car had 4 in it, and we all agreed that it was not nice to be in at 70mph, it was noisy and uncomfortable. This is in comparison to the last generation Civic Sport 3 door, and an Accord.

I don't understand that, then.

The Mini is an great little car, and supposedly handles just like a small BMW, which it kind of is. We seriously looked at one, but the boot space and specs on the lower trims were laughable.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Most of our longish trips were only two up which may have helped - certainly never found it noisy (hearing is okay) nor uncomfortable (nor a masochist either)
If it was that bad it would not rate so highly in all of the surveys, that's for sure - and of course, it's DSI engine is the same as in the small engined Civic.

Be ever grateful to the Jazz for those wonderful 'magic' seats.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I have driven both the 1.2 and 1.4 jazz as courtesy cars, by the end of it I was desperate for my Civic to come back.

I found my foot was too long for the clutch pedal it seemed to push up against the footwell, the boot was too small and I sat too low down but although it was noisey on faster roads I was suprised at how nippy the 1.4 is.

I had an FRV for a couple of weeks too now that was nice it was the sporty version with the blacked out windows and extremely fast.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Never had a clutch pedal Topcat - our's was the CVT transmission and it was so smooooooth.
Our Civic is the nicer car - but I did prefer the Jazz to the old style Civic .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts