2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shocked by honda mechanics...wifes car was in for servicing last week at the local dealers and totally shocked by total lack of care by honda mechanics. The mechanic was angle grinding brackets on an old CRV exhaust to replace it, the sparks created doing this where going all over the cars being worked on at either side...! Wether these sparks would have cooled sufficently enough to avoid damage to either car being sprayed with sparks is open to question...? The looked red hot as they where hitting these cars...

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Unforgivable, Years ago my wife had a fiesta in for service at the ford dealers and a similar thing happened.
The iron filings had settled on the car but could not be seen, that is until it rained and they all went rusty and began eating through the paint.
The dealer apologized and offered to buff the paint work to which I agreed.
Big mistake, the idiot doing the buffing didn't bother to clean and remove the iron filings so the buffer just picked them up and spun them round like a grinder. You can imagine the result.
After a long and nasty argument with the dealer the roof was resprayed but this was on a month old car, I was not a happy bunny.
If your car has been anywhere near an angle grinder get it washed and polished very carefully by hand as soon as possible.

·
Registered
192 Posts
you can usually feel the grindings if you lightly brush your hand or a pair of tights [if handy !] over the suspect area if in any doubts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts