2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought this for my new project / toy 1975 HONDA YELLOW on eBay (end time 16-Jul-09 14:12:50 BST)

I have been after one for a while and this is spot on all original and the same year as me;). I will do a 100% full restoration project and will post pictures if people are interested. I am not sure weather to keep the original colour or maybe do a fancy paint job as I dont like yellow much and dont think it will effect the value much as long as I keep the bike 100% original apart from the paint.

What do you guys think?

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might go for a light cosmic or white with a pearl, will see what a powder coater can do but I am now thinking I am going to spend a lot of money on this:( Anyone for footwell lights?;)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I like the dark red lowrider.... :) Hows about Championship white ;-) What about a small turbo ;-)

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
LOL, thats mental ;-)

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Yes, I'm tempted with that ;), it would also be awesome on my mower............ :D

Tom

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Where are you planning on putting the 'sub-woofer' ? ...

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
A good old step throw

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The chaly is in about 100 bits, the frame etc and barrel is at the powder coaters, the cylinder head and gear box is at a friends to have all the alloy polished, I have a lot of parts in the post and some more powder coating parts once I strip these and a few parts to get re chromed. Once I start rebuilding I will post some pictures;)

·
NHB Convert.
530 Posts
That thing is so awesome, love those little chicken chasers. I bet you're ganna have an awesome time restoring that puppy, haha, looks like tons of fun.

edit: Just saw those lowriders, haha, so awesome.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That thing is so awesome, love those little chicken chasers. I bet you're ganna have an awesome time restoring that puppy, haha, looks like tons of fun.

edit: Just saw those lowriders, haha, so awesome.

Thanks, I will be keeping it 80-90% original but as you cant get all the original parts a few parts will be close but not the same. The frame is being powder coated cosmic grey (like the CTR I owned) and all the alloy will be polished, I think the wheels will be powder coated silver and the mud guards will be maybe red. Here is another on ebay that has had a lick of paint and quite a few bits missing (not that the seller tells you that) 1976 HONDA Chaly CF70 Monkey bike on eBay (end time 29-Jul-09 14:01:41 BST) as I paid £275 I think I got mine for a good price. This one on ebay is about as rare as rocking horse poo and thats why it is fetching a very high price for the condition Original 1964 honda monkey bike on eBay (end time 28-Jul-09 21:15:55 BST)

·
NHB Convert.
530 Posts
Yeah saw that one, think those 3 are pretty much the only ones on there aren't they? I'd love to get my hands on one but looking to get a classic car to do first, just haven't decided what! Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way around, should start small and work up, not down haha. I just want to get my hands dirty :popcorn:

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As I see it the bike is a lot easier project / toy, takes hardly any storage space and will be a good investment if you dont cut corners. I have no plans to sell mine is it is as old as me and the other plus is the running costs are very very low so ownership will not cost the earth.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts