2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be changing my company car next week, and as there is nothing suitable in the current Honda range i will be moving to something else. For my job and life i have always preferred the longer load bay you get with an estate car as opposed to a crossover. The new Civic is a long way away and will not be offered as an estate.
My tourer has been a great car and is disguising it's 108,000 miles well. Its been useful, comfortable and very reliable. It has been so economical achieving late 60 mpg easily with the 1.6 diesel. It is and probably the most sorted Civic model after reading other sections of the forum.
I'm moving on to a Suzuki Swace (daft name) a re-badge of a Toyota Carrolla Tourer. It gives me things that i have found usefull on the Civic like cross traffic monitoring and blind spot indication. Like the Civic it's made in the UK and is a self charging hybrid, which i'm looking forward to getting the most out of.
I will check in on the forum occasionally and wish you happy Honda motoring. Clive

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm a fan of the 2.2 9th Gen Civic but Interesting that the Suzuki is a re badge of the Toyota Hybrid. Good looking car and I wonder whether it is the eCVT. It wiould be interesting to hear you account of it.

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
I will be changing my company car next week, and as there is nothing suitable in the current Honda range i will be moving to something else. For my job and life i have always preferred the longer load bay you get with an estate car as opposed to a crossover. The new Civic is a long way away and will not be offered as an estate.
My tourer has been a great car and is disguising it's 108,000 miles well. Its been useful, comfortable and very reliable. It has been so economical achieving late 60 mpg easily with the 1.6 diesel. It is and probably the most sorted Civic model after reading other sections of the forum.
I'm moving on to a Suzuki Swace (daft name) a re-badge of a Toyota Carrolla Tourer. It gives me things that i have found usefull on the Civic like cross traffic monitoring and blind spot indication. Like the Civic it's made in the UK and is a self charging hybrid, which i'm looking forward to getting the most out of.
I will check in on the forum occasionally and wish you happy Honda motoring. Clive
tis a great shame mate, i have driven the new hybrid corolla (my old man fancies it, hes a corolla man at heart) and its actually quite live-able and refined. but a shame Honda dont have anything that ticks or will tick the boxes :( Suzuki cars are well enough built, i have a soft spot for the Swift Gti tbh with toyota engines n running gear it will be reliable and the corolla is pretty for its class, sensible option tbh and cheaper id imagine that even the toyota counterpart.

maybe treat yourself to a type-r as a weekend toy mate ;) jus saying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts