2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per topic, my 2015 Civic Sport is just about to go out of warranty, service and MOT booked for tomorrow. The standard sport alloys which come in black are showing minor signs of corrosion even though they've been well cared for and have not been curbed. They've been cleaned with an IronX type wheel cleaner so nothing acidic.

Does anyone know if I stand half a chance of getting them through a warranty claim for paint with a view to getting a refurb? I'll try anyway but wondering if anyone has had success with this.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi

A few years when my car was still in warranty I approached the dealer about the lacquer peeling off, their response was that the Honda warranty doesn't cover wheels. I must admit, I didn't contact Honda to see if this was true but that's what I was told.

Good luck!

·
i-Vtec
1,506 Posts
The only Manufacturer that I have ever heard of repairing or replacing wheels due to lacquer peal is Lexus. If you do try to approach them regarding this I would not tell them you have used any chemicals on them at all.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi

I did manage to get two wheels replaced under warranty on my previous car which was a Mazda, sort of similar issue with the paint/lacquer peeling off due to corrosion.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts