2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
You'll have to excuse him - he drives a diesel so must be obsessed with MPG! If you want economy buy a 3 or 4 pot diesel and have that compromise, (or if needs dictate eg high mileage) hot hatches with 20mpg don't lend themselves to massive mileages unless you have deep pockets! Must say I'm disappointed with only 300bhp in this modern hot hatch era where even golfs have 350+

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you are buying a high performance hot hatch , why would you care about mpg ?
Why wouldn't you? It's a £30k car which most people will be getting on finance so the majority of buyers aren't the type who can wipe their arses on £50 notes.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
You'll have to excuse him - he drives a diesel so must be obsessed with MPG! If you want economy buy a 3 or 4 pot diesel and have that compromise, (or if needs dictate eg high mileage) hot hatches with 20mpg don't lend themselves to massive mileages unless you have deep pockets! Must say I'm disappointed with only 300bhp in this modern hot hatch era where even golfs have 350+
I do a 65 mile round trip to work each day so fuel economy is pretty important.

I had a FN2 when they first came out and I had to fill up every 3 days.

I had heard that this one is going to have better economy but since they are not shouting about it I doubt that's the case.

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
Why wouldn't you? It's a £30k car which most people will be getting on finance so the majority of buyers aren't the type who can wipe their arses on £50 notes.
I definitely can't wipe my arse with £50 notes , 5ers maybe but not 50's

A track car for the road pretty much assumes low mpg to me

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
It will be 45 mpg on paper and 25-30 mpg real world going by other hatches.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Its going to come in Blue, Red, Grey, Black and White...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its going to come in Blue, Red, Grey, Black and White...
"....The Type R is available in five distinctive colours that give the purposeful new styling added visual impact. As well as Championship White – shared with successive generations of iconic Type R vehicles – buyers can choose from Crystal Black (pearlescent), Polished Metal (metallic), Brilliant Sporty Blue (metallic) and Milano Red."

Honda Worldwide | March 3, 2015 "A Hot-Hatch Icon Reborn: All-New Honda Civic Type R Engineered to be a 'Race Car For The Road?"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Honda Civic Type-R Concept vs Production

Concept looks so much better.

So aside from the lights, what has changed? Well, the production car loses the concept’s cool blade-like LED daytime-running lights and the headlight cluster is also a lot more conventional looking; the LED blades are replaced with old-school projector lamps.

24 comparison pictures from different angles

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Concept looks so much better.

So aside from the lights, what has changed? Well, the production car loses the concept’s cool blade-like LED daytime-running lights and the headlight cluster is also a lot more conventional looking; the LED blades are replaced with old-school projector lamps.

24 comparison pictures from different angles

Totally agree, the production model is from a visual point of view, a BIG let down when compared to the concept in my opinion. I know production models never turn out looking like their concept counterparts, but for the asking price is there really anything on the concept that was wildly unrealistic?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Its quick though....

Honda New Models

wonder how many bits fell off round the ring lol....looked a bit squirrely in places.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Bye bye devil horn spoiler...

The rear wing has been reimagined from the Type R Concept. The structure of the airfoil – its angle, height and shape as well as its vertical end plates – have been carefully engineered to optimise downforce without causing a significant increase in drag at higher speeds.
...And yet it still looks like cheap halfords bolt-on tack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts