2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I take the plunge and pay over the odds for a set of the OEM bars I have a question for other forum members that have these. First of all I'd like to know the actual cross sectional size of these (width x height). Also, am I right to assume that these roofbars use T bar attachments for accessories and if so what size are they? 20mm or 24mm are the two sizes that have been described to me as standard. I need to know if they will fit some rack specific adapters for a tandem bike rack that I need to keep in use.

I already have a Honda specific set of Thule roof bars (for the 2012 Civic) but I have lost confidence in these as they do not fit properly - I have persevered with them but without success. One foot came off on the M4 last summer while carrying two bikes; fortunately spotted by another driver so no harm done. It is a pity because I have had Thules for over 20 years and no problems with them on the last two Civics.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
the Honda oem bars are made by thule but they are the thule aero bars these are the alloy ones with the t track in the top of them I have these for my 8g and I use a mont blanc barricuda bike carrier which fits to these and never had any problems and also have a 3/4 size roof box which also uses the t track system to fit to the bars.hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres the brochure description....
Thanks for posting that - I've not seen it before. Sadly, it appears not to offer any sizing or compatibility information - the brick wall I have been bouncing off for some days now. I have a query out with a dealer at present but I am not holding out much hope.

Thanks again for the information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts