2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking forward to hopefully one day test driving this car and have been toying with the idea of importing one. The only thing stopping me is the prospect of a 1L version coming to US / UK in 2017 / 18.

News is completely scarce on this and either the dealers do not know or do not want to share info as I have very well tried!

Just thought I'd make this as a placeholder thread just in case anyone has or gets any information regarding these. I know they are not to everyone's taste but I've done vans, diesels, hatchbacks, hot hatches and now fancy something slower and chilled :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I think the S660 and possible S1000 are great ideas.

Both could sell well over here.

I read that the S1000 could be around 850 kg and 138 bhp. Pretty good, plus being a turbo car means tuning to 150-160 bhp or more should be easy.

Nice alternative to other cars aimed at fun like the MX5, Elise etc.

This car and the Toyota SFR are my favourite concepts at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Either model should be fun down lanes etc, with the tiny size, little whizzy engines. Add some drama with exhaust and or intake noise and you could have a blast.

·
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the S660 and possible S1000 are great ideas.

Both could sell well over here.

I read that the S1000 could be around 850 kg and 138 bhp. Pretty good, plus being a turbo car means tuning to 150-160 bhp or more should be easy.

Nice alternative to other cars aimed at fun like the MX5, Elise etc.

This car and the Toyota SFR are my favourite concepts at the moment.
Have a mate in Japan who can sort out a secondhand 660 for me but that 1L version will be hella fun. I'll "make do" with my FN2 for now ;)

Just be nice if they confirmed it's coming, that would suffice!

There is already a Mugen one too in concept, may even be out to be honest.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi! I'm importing a Honda S660 into UK. It will be here in the next few weeks! As soon as it ready. I'll be selling it on for a profit! (Not a lot, hope to recover some travel cost) If you guy are interested, keep you eyes open in the next few weeks! Cheers!

·
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be interesting to see some pics on UK soil mate :)

Still out my budget at the mo, especially when I could buy a used FK2 for the price of some of the imports lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone!
I'll be picking up the S660 tomorrow!
I'll uploading some photos if the sky open up a bit!
Keep watching!
It might be after the new year till it's road legal. I can't wait to drive it!
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Looks great! Really need to be seeing lots of these over here.

·
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best colour and manual :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Have to say that is one ugly wee hunchback of a car.... Not sure what Honda are on these days but I'm not liking much of the new stuff!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Do you have some more pics and impressions of the S660 for us? Love it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you have some more pics and impressions of the S660 for us? Love it!

I'm still in the process of putting it through IVA test! I drove it around the block at night and I can confirm that. It will drift if you push it! It's all about the handling not power or speed! Also it a tiny sport couple. Anyone taller then 6ft or weigh more then 100kg with find it hard to get in and out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
There are two small issues that need to be sort out, but it pass the IVA test and waiting for DVLA for reg plate! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you take this to Grinspeed not so long ago?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts