2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently bought this fantastic civic nine. I am totally happy with it!
But I have a question about the sd navigation system. Is it true that the buttons next to the display not illuminated? Is a little tricky to operate in the dark. Are there more people here who also have this system? And do you have backlite on the buttons?

Thanks for your comment! Sander

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Ja Sammyd. All my buttons have a white back light to them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 9g es-t. It does have white backlit buttons. It works perfectly well when driving on dark roads. Fantastic system!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
The buttons are sort of lit but it is very subdued lighting. I had to find a parking spot with no street lighting and turn off the satnav screen in order to be sure they were not just getting the light from the satnav itself.

The main SD satnav buttons are on the screen itself including the USB and other settings.

My favourite button is the one that turns off the audio voice guidance. It is useful having a destination set as it warns of traffic problems and tells you your time of arrival (always correct by the way). However on a familiar route I do not want to be constantly told which exit to take on every roundabout or junction.

·
Administrator
21,173 Posts
The buttons are sort of lit but it is very subdued lighting. I had to find a parking spot with no street lighting and turn off the satnav screen in order to be sure they were not just getting the light from the satnav itself.

The main SD satnav buttons are on the screen itself including the USB and other settings.

My favourite button is the one that turns off the audio voice guidance. It is useful having a destination set as it warns of traffic problems and tells you your time of arrival (always correct by the way). However on a familiar route I do not want to be constantly told which exit to take on every roundabout or junction.
I do that with my 8G and I will continue to do that with the 9G :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Which button does that??
The OPTION button (bottom left) has a choice of actions one action being to toggle the voice guidance on and off. Its quick and easy to press while driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts