2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken out one of these?

I had my car into a Honda dealer a few weeks ago and was asked if I wanted a quote for a Honda Service Plan (basically monthly payments and you dont pay anything when the car goes in).

I got a quote for a 2 year and 3 year plan while I was there.

Just looking for opinions as I am tempted to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts

I had my car into a Honda dealer a few weeks ago and was asked if I wanted a quote for a Honda Service Plan (basically monthly payments and you dont pay anything when the car goes in).

Depends on the monthly payments!

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,396 Posts

How much did they quote ??????

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,404 Posts
Mine was £550 for 4 services (petrol)

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Had one for 3 years on my last Civic, costs worked out very well against the full price versions, and very convenient. Strangely wasn't offered it on the current one.

Dealer still tried it on every year with new wipers / new rear discs and pads required tricks though.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,443 Posts
If your going to keep the car for a few years and you have the cash to spare it can be a good idea. Just not everything covered. Basic service items. You need to look at website to check details.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
If you don't do the mileage when it's in for that service, not all parts will be replaced.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
You don't get a bill with the parts used on, just a stamp in the boot. I know my diesel filter was never done.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had 2 years service plan 2 years ago, but the Honda dealer gone bust...I chase my money for 8 months, they won't refund my money. They told me that I can only recover my money by taking a service to another Honda dealer which I did.... but not happy after the service, they wash my car and there is a stain liquid all over the paint which is really hard to take it off, then using a 5-30 engine oil instead of 0-30. I will never go back to them.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,404 Posts
That would have been an independent plan rather than the Honda one. The Honda plan means you can go to any Honda franchise.

Unfortunately they are normally only available to purchase during the cars first year.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,404 Posts
2 years is unusual. If it is Honda though then any Honda dealer will be able to check and if Honda then when booking in you just need to tell them it's under a service plan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
They offer me 2 years or 3 years service plan, but on that time I have'nt decided if I will keep my civic in 3 years so decided to get the 2 years service plan. I'm glad I found ABP to do the service on my civic.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I took one out in the new year when I got my Civic, they offered me anything from a 2-5 year plan. I took the 3yr one out as I guessed I would keep it that long and it saves having to worry about finding more money around Christmas time which is when the service is due.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
There are two types of plan, one that gets offered with a new car, usually around £500 for 5 years. This can be taken out from new upto 8 months old.

The monthly payment plan is usually for cars that have come out of the first 3 years and follow the route of the Honda 12/12+ services which can be seen on the Honda website.

I dont know why certain dealers wouldnt give an invoice and only a stamp in the book, we always give a copy of what we invoice Honda for so the cust can see what has/hasnt been done.

The biggest value point other than being able to pay monthly is that it freezes the service costs at todays price, protecting you from and annual price increases.

TBH, if you've been offered one, you'd be mad not to take one up unless you like wasting money.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,404 Posts
That'll be why the dealer I went to last time tried to tell me that my front tyres would need changing next time because they were down to 4mm.

Finding that hard to believe at 12k miles I carefully checked both tyres, all 4 grooves in 4 places, and the lowest my tread depth gauge found was 6mm.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not unlike a VAG concern that told me my front pads were due for replacement. Odd, I said. Just recently had new pads fitted by your dealership as the older ones were fading.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,396 Posts
Not unlike a VAG concern that told me my front pads were due for replacement. Odd, I said. Just recently had new pads fitted by your dealership as the older ones were fading.
I put a Merc Sprinter Van in to get MOT and it failed for anti roll bar bushes... Put it in for its service 2 month later 2k miles on and was told they'd noticed that the anti roll bar bushed needed doing.. I asked if they'd like to re-check as that very same dealer had done them 8 weeks prior. The salesman came back on the phone sounding very embarrassed and said "sorry Sir, our mistake"... They are all Snake Oil Salesmen... If you're going to keep the car for any length of time do it or learn to service it yourself, this ensures that the job is actually done... Otherwise, enjoy being ripped of by dealers for the sake of an Ink Stamp in a book... I'd rather buy from someone with a load of receipts than just an ink stamp in a book..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts