2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My 2010 Honda Civic SE has developed an annoying fault with the touch screen entertainment and SatNav system since Tuesday this week - when driving along the screen suddenly folds out by itself without me even touching the eject button (there is a CD player and SD card input behind the screen.) When I hit the eject button to close it - nothing happens, so it's just stuck open at 90 degrees, beeping periodically over the sound system.

Even stranger though, is when I have left the engine off for a while and get back into the car - when I hit the eject button to CLOSE the permanently open SatNav screen it then closes again... Only to then open again by itself whilst driving, and so the cycle continues...

One operator at Clarion (the manufacturer) suggested that taking the negative connector off the car battery might help, otherwise it's a case of having the expense and inconvenience of having the whole unit taken out and sent away for repair, which is a last resort if all it needs is a factory reset.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Whip a lead off the battery, trends to fix most electrical faults

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: GarethD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ollie, I'll try that - I want to trouble shoot a bit before having the whole unit taken out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts