2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Civic ES I-VTEC Mk8 (FK27) Black year 2009:

So working in London I've found my current 3.7L Merc SL is a little thirsty hence decided to get a commuter car.
Researching what was on offer my budget the Civic VTech ticked the most boxes as is nippy and economical !

I picked up the my Honda Civic yesterday, private sale and got a 2009 with 120K miles for £1200 !!
The engine is sweet, no leaks, the steering handling and suspension feel tight too ! I commuted in today and got 38mpg I Was getting 22mpg before !!

Got it cheaper as its needing a new rear bumper, and the heater fan is really noisy and not working as it should, luckily as an engineer I should be able to sort them.

So here are my questions:
1. As there are so many variants, what is the correct term most people refer to my car as? Honda Civic Hatch MK8? also is the FK27 that model type?
2. The blower fan is really noisy and was working with the controls but now just stays on one speed. I removed the blower fan which is bit tricky as you have to move the clutch pedal out of the way, the fan hamster cage looked okay, but suspect the bearing has gone as it sounds rough tried spraying WD40 no change, so have ordered a new one. Do you think the controls will start working when I fit the new fan, or should I change the heater resistor and where is it located?
3. I have the cruise button, it shows up on the dash, but how do I use it?
4. Lastly whilst under the car I noticed a spare plug, perhaps for the satnav (which I do not have) can this be retro-fitted in if I buy one of eBay?

thanks in advance sorry for being so un-knowledgeable , here to learn from you guys !
P.S what is the correct forum page for my car.
Alex

Attachments

·
i-Vtec
5,150 Posts
FK27 is not the model. Is it the 1.4, 1.8 or 2.2 and is it 3 or 5 doors? FK1 1.4 5 door, FK2 1.8 5 door, FK3 2.2 5 door, FN1 1.8 3 door, FN2 Type R, FN3 2.2 3 door, FN4 1.4 3 door

To use the cruise you need to press the Cruise button on the steering wheel. The Cruise Main light then appears on the dash. Now when driving you press the set button on the steering wheel and the Cruise will be set. There is a second green Icon that lights up on the dash next to the Cruise Main(I forget what it says).

Where about is this spare plug? Is it next to the NSF wheel? Not worth the hassle of trying to retrofit OEM Sat nav imo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so what does FK27 mean for me? I have 5 doors 1.8 Vtec.
I will try the Cruise thanks
I agree that we mostly use our phones so Sat nav was not needed, just a thought.
Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks so what does FK27 mean for me? I have 5 doors 1.8 Vtec.
I will try the Cruise thanks
I agree that we mostly use our phones so Sat nav was not needed, just a thought.
Thanks
More likely yours is an FK2, where are you getting the 7 from? Is it from the VIN plate?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 5 door 1.8, it says model type FK2 on the plate on the passenger side door shut, FK27 is from the vin number. Wouldnt worry about it 😉

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FK27 is not the model. Is it the 1.4, 1.8 or 2.2 and is it 3 or 5 doors? FK1 1.4 5 door, FK2 1.8 5 door, FK3 2.2 5 door, FN1 1.8 3 door, FN2 Type R, FN3 2.2 3 door, FN4 1.4 3 door

To use the cruise you need to press the Cruise button on the steering wheel. The Cruise Main light then appears on the dash. Now when driving you press the set button on the steering wheel and the Cruise will be set. There is a second green Icon that lights up on the dash next to the Cruise Main(I forget what it says).

Where about is this spare plug? Is it next to the NSF wheel? Not worth the hassle of trying to retrofit OEM Sat nav imo.
Okay thanks for the info on the Cruise, totally get it now !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 5 door 1.8, it says model type FK2 on the plate on the passenger side door shut, FK27 is from the vin number. Wouldnt worry about it 😉
excellent, all getting clearer now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So summary is I bought the car for £1200 I think for a 2009 with 120K miles it worth around £2K.

£40 - I will be replacing the heater cage blower which arrives tomorrow.
£50 - Ordering a replacement bumper as there is a hole punctured in mine.
£25 - LED lighting all round with Canbus error free
£150 - Some larger alloys and spacers to fill the arches.

Will update as I get on with things.

So far I have put £22 petrol in and done 150 miles in LONDON !? insane mpg

·
i-Vtec
5,150 Posts
I did mine, makes a huge difference. 15mm on the front 20mm on the rear.
Before
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Plant

After
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Plant Car

Before
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

after

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
i-Vtec
5,150 Posts
You mean Nuts? the Spacers come with nuts that tighten the spacer to the studs on the hubs. Then you use the Original wheel nuts to secure the wheel to the studs on the spacers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You mean Nuts? the Spacers come with nuts that tighten the spacer to the studs on the hubs. Then you use the Original wheel nuts to secure the wheel to the studs on the spacers.
Yeah meant nuts, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
15mm front and 20mm rear spacers on mine too, mine is also lowered on eibach springs
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats looks so good, I always do this with my cars, here is my Merc SL and Audi with some spacers and staggered.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

1 - 20 of 34 Posts