2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a page on the honda website which allows you to check if your car has any recall issues by entering your vin number and some personal details. Put my details in and it said that there where no problems with my car and it didn't need a visit to the dealer.

Was just wondering wether you lot thought I should take this as gospel or whether or not a call to the dealer would be worthwhile? Could anyone who is waiting for there car to go in for some work as a result of a recall check to see what results they get and report back. Linky below.

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/cars/qasPUD.jsp

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
It does seem to be accurate

Hi - my first reply ! Having just received a recall letter from Honda UK I put my details in the site and it confirmed that I did need work doing. It entails an hour long visit so they can check it, then if required they order the part (why cant they keep a few in stock ? ) and then you take it back again ...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - my first reply ! Having just received a recall letter from Honda UK I put my details in the site and it confirmed that I did need work doing. It entails an hour long visit so they can check it, then if required they order the part (why cant they keep a few in stock ? ) and then you take it back again ...
Welcome Merleyman! Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else confirm this.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it has sort of been mentioned before
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199&highlight=recall

but not with the specific page :)

seems to have a mixed result - although if it does say you need work, then you do...
But if it doesn't say you need work, you still might and it's 'just' a bit behind.
Thanks for the info TT my car was bought in march, only found this brilliant site recently whilst searching for an ipod solution on the net, so would expect honda to have updated there info with any outstanding work by now.......but then again :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Thanks for the info TT my car was bought in march, only found this brilliant site recently whilst searching for an ipod solution on the net, so would expect honda to have updated there info with any outstanding work by now.......but then again :)

very welcome :)

reading between the lines, this seems to be a customer facing version of something the dealers use.

However, it would appear that (rightly!) Honda try to make sure the dealers know first, and worry about updating this customer version later.

All speculation on my part, purely from anicdotal evidence :D

but better that way round than us (the customers) trying to book our cars in for work that the dealers know nothing about...*

* Recalls! before anyone clever so and so mentions HFT, shocks, leaking boots, squeaks creaks and groans, or any of the other items which our beloved dealers always seem to claim we are the first to experience :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
just checked mine.
its a recall for power steering and rear dampners according to my local dealer.
they check the car and order replacment parts if needed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi.Galeth.
When did you take delivery off your car. Itook delivery of mine on the 30th of may and have had no recall.

!.8EX i shift alabaster silver.r/v/camera.18"altimos.mud flaps.bespoke leather

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Hi, I have had a recall on my civic 1.8se which was bought in March. I submitted my details on the Honda website online check and the message said that according to their records there is some outstanding work to be carried out on the VIN I had entered. I first found out about the recall two weeks ago when the car was at the dealers having a new fuel flap mechanism fitted. The service manager said there was about 20% of the Civics affected by this recall. The car is booked in to have this work carried out on Wednesday. They are also going to fix a problem with condensation on part of the rear light cluster and fix the lock on the hatch which stopped working. Hopefully once this work is carried out I can carry on enjoying my Civic without any more problems. In total my car has been back to the dealer on six occasions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I´m from portugal i´d i liked to check if my car is a recall victim, but at the site i need an united kingdom address , how do i conturn this problem ????
somebody give me an address to see if to works

·
Registered
66 Posts
no there isn´t that why i asked for an address to fill in the form!

·
estranged
391 Posts
10 Downing Street
London
SW1 1AA

Tel 020 444 5555

You'll probably get directed to the VIP page :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried it with that address, by entering the details manually, but for my VIN it said:

"
Vehicle not recognised

Sorry, the VIN you have entered,

is not recognised. Please check that you have entered it correctly.

If the VIN is correct and you require further information regarding why the VIN you entered is not recognised, please contact Honda UK directly.

"

I think it only works for Honda's UK only... :(

Honda should have a global worldwide site, don't you think ?

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Mines says its ok , ive had the hft done and it worse the voice controls are crap only about 33% of them right so going back to see about getting it fixed anyone had this were its worse after the fix , also is the new fuel cap sovled the opening problems ?

·
Fallen Angel
1,229 Posts
Mines says its ok , ive had the hft done and it worse the voice controls are crap only about 33% of them right so going back to see about getting it fixed anyone had this were its worse after the fix , also is the new fuel cap sovled the opening problems ?
So far so good with the fuel filler cap, springs open now;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
HELP !!! Can anybody check if my civic has some work to do on the honda owner, here is the vin SHHFK37806U02533, i´m fom portugal, dont know any address in england

·
Registered
66 Posts
Alex,Tont Blair doesn´t have a civic, 10 downing street ( residencial oficial do primeiroministro inglês)) lololol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts