2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading a lot about the HondaLink Connect apps that the have in the US... I know that the 2015 is one of the first in the UK to receive the Android Auto ICE, but anyone know why we haven't got any apps yet (apart from the stupid Aha app)

As far as i know, in the US, HondaLink can be used to see engine stats, error codes, economy reports, etc... Definitely something I'd love on my iPhone, or at least my dashboard.

And don't get me started on having to use Android Auto instead of CarPlay... Nothing's perfect, right?

Adam

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,422 Posts
This Android headunit is very new here so we don't really understand it to comment.

Hopefully Honda will update what it can do or access and we will will get 'How To' posts to help.

It's on the cards for me to have one in March next year, till then I can only read and take notes.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Honda Connect is a completely different operating system to the US version, even thou the UI may look the similar.

There are no iPhone apps like HondaLink for connectivity for the Honda Connect.

iphone can be connected to Honda Connect via HDMI to view screen content, but only while stationary.

Onboard app development is in progress and will be available via the Honda App Center when they are available.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Being an android unit, one can unlock its bootloader, root it and load a custom rom on it.

Would be easier just to get one of those new pioneer headunits that have android auto.

But they are bloody expensive
The base model is about £525 and the higher end is £1500

1 - 5 of 5 Posts