2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
haha and it goes on my 60 plate fn2 (last few) bought new in dec 10 has now going the same way with the squeaky pedal.8000 miles only.visited dealer (parks) and was told to contact huk..did so by email and got phone call today saying as a goodwill gesture they will pay for replacement parts..have to pay dealer for the inspection..

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
My car has gone back today as i have a year warranty with the car.
so hope fully the will do it under warranty and also i think a drop link on the right hand front.
which is making a thump when going over bumps.

i printed the front note off and they already new about it so fingers crossed.

jools

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife's 08 Civic Type S, which she bought in 2013 with 14,000 on the clock, had a new master cylinder and pedal box fitted under warranty by the previous owner due to a creak on the pedal. Since she has owned it it has had another master cylinder and 2 pedal boxes fitted on an extended warranty. I knew Honda were aware of this design problem but whatever it says in the bulletin about redesigned parts etc. I know that the parts they fit do not permanently solve the problem. I say this because although the last pedal box they fitted seemed to have fixed the problem it re-appeared again after about 18 months. Foolishly we had decided not to renew the warranty and Honda told us that the repair under warranty was guaranteed for 12 months only. Since then I have used every known lubricant on the pedal moving parts all to no avail. Interestingly my previous 06 CRV had a similar problem which I solved annually by spraying silicon lubricant on the pushrod where it goes through the car bulkhead to the master cylinder. The CRV pedal assembly was a simpler set up and much easier to get to than the Civic, in fact in my wife's car I can't even see the pushrod when looking up at the pedal box. I may try to remove the lower dash to get a better look because I am sure it's the pushrod alignment and resulting rubbing that causes the creak. The bottom line is that Honda are getting away with selling cars and fitting "redesigned parts" that are not fit for purpose but they appear to get around this by claiming that the design fault is not dangerous and does not cause the clutch to fail.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's more of a creak/groan on mine than a squeak, accompanied by a click you hear and feel though the pedal. Really depressing when you're stuck in traffic sort of thing! :(

Hi

Know this an old post but was this squeak / click noise defo the master cylinder? My 57 plate fn2 started with the click / clack noise that you hear and can feel thru the pedal a while back

It also makes a creaking sound outside in the engine bay somewhere when you press the clutch in,
my cars done 90k on the original clutch, no slipping yet. But feels like the pressure plate has gone bad and poss bearing too...

Waiting to put new clutch in and wondering about the master cylinder too,

far as i know the master and slave cylinders have never been changed...

Thx

141 - 144 of 144 Posts