2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we tested the new Hondata Traction Control system on the CPL Racing FN2.

This car has the following engine upgrades:

- Jackson Racing/CPL Racing supercharger
- CPL Race Manifold
- Hondata Flashpro

Plus a Quaife ATB differential

This car is full weight and is fitted with the regular Bridgestone road tyres (30psi).

Conditions were not great as the roads were very damp, but despite this when Guy came back from testing he said one word - "Phenomenal". He took one of our customers with him who also drove the car and he was equally impressed. This was his comments: -

"Was a great day, cant believe how well the system worked, a must for any fast road/track day car owner!"

With no detailed setup of the traction control system the 0-60mph times were improved by over 1.5 seconds. More detailed information will be posted later on.

Here is a video

Lynn - CPL Racing

·
Registered
154 Posts
Seems like it might be an interesting possible purchase! Will keep a look out on your updates.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Me want!!

The JRSC sounds awesome as well

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
I'm confused. TC reduces 0-60mph time by over 1.5 seconds!?

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
:lol: Yeah. Just seems a wild figure. But in the rain I guess it makes sense. I'm not putting the product down or anything like that. I have absolutely no knowledge of these kinda things!

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
:lol: Yeah. Just seems a wild figure. But in the rain I guess it makes sense. I'm not putting the product down or anything like that. I have absolutely no knowledge of these kinda things!
Seeing the clip it will make a huge difference on these chargers. Especially in the wet. :)

?THE BITCH?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Me want!!

The JRSC sounds awesome as well
You kidding me... Reminds me of an electric remote control car I had as a kid. JRSC is definitely not for me.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
You kidding me... Reminds me of an electric remote control car I had as a kid. JRSC is definitely not for me.
You'll find that noise isn't exclusive to the JRSC. LOL

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Hahaha lol.

��THE BITCH��
I kid you not i was wheelspinning in 5th gear at 125 mph last weekend, went from 2nd gear 40mph wheelspinning the entire way to 130mph in 5th (then stopped). No traction what so ever!!!

This was on my private air strip btw not a public road

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
I kid you not i was wheelspinning in 5th gear at 125 mph last weekend, went from 2nd gear 40mph wheelspinning the entire way to 130mph in 5th (then stopped). No traction what so ever!!!

This was on my private air strip btw not a public road
In the damp/wet also :facepalm:

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Looks awsome though.

Would make a MASSIVE different for trackdays in the wet whichw ould be awesome! FWD wouldn't be soo bad afterall ^_^

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
looks like it does the trick in a straight line but how early does it cut in around corners? also how much will it cost?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Traction Control

We haven't had chance to thoroughly test in a cornering situation however the feedback from Hondata is very good, and if you look at the software there are adjustable parameters specifically for cornering situations.

More information and pricing is on our website.
CPL Racing : Hondata Traction Control

Lynn

1 - 20 of 22 Posts