2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Considering buying a Hondata ecu on here, but I can't seem to find out what the actual difference between that an a flashpro other than the flashpro allows custom tuning etc.

I don't have any real urge to go down the custom map route as I peronsonally don't feel the gains are worth the money, although mid-range figures look pretty good.

Am I right in thinking that a Hondata ecu will mean that I'll be running the standard group n map? So lower V-tec engagement etc.

Also how easy are they fitted? Plug & Play?

Will I loose the standard security i.e Immobiliser?

Can I revert back to standard ecu easy enough?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
A Hondata ECU is a straight swap ( and back to std ECU ) but you do lose immobiliser function,

Flashpro allows custom tuning as you say and there are large gains to be had in forms of bhp etc and also fuel economy as the stock map on the FN2 and group N is quite rich.

It depends what you want from your car really and budget etc.

Flashpro also doubles up as a fault code reader and a datalogger to see problems etc.

Stephen

·
Banned
37 Posts
At first when I was looking into tuning I considered the hondata ECU however once deeper research the more logic solution was the flashpro.

If you ever (you never know) do decide later on to get more parts you are covered by flashpro... with hondata you are not. I think the money over the hondata ECU comapared to the flashpro is worth the investment. The hondata isnt holding its value due to flashpro... flashpro still sells well as there is no real wear and tear. Its plug in and tune and put back in the box. Its not something that will get worse in time.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
At first when I was looking into tuning I considered the hondata ECU however once deeper research the more logic solution was the flashpro.

If you ever (you never know) do decide later on to get more parts you are covered by flashpro... with hondata you are not. I think the money over the hondata ECU comapared to the flashpro is worth the investment. The hondata isnt holding its value due to flashpro... flashpro still sells well as there is no real wear and tear. Its plug in and tune and put back in the box. Its not something that will get worse in time.
All this mate.

And if you really really really decide not to add anymore sell the flash pro. You'll get virtually what you paid for it. If it was me I'd keep it because I recon you will give in and add something else at a later date.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your probably right. Not sure which direction I'm going yet. Cost per bhp would make more sence for me to charge it now.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
There is actually a big market for the Hondata ECUs with the lotus/kswap boys that are installing the K20Z motors.
The ECU is unlocked so the motor will run without having to mess around too much.

Remember it's a fully reflashed ECU and on their own ECUs can fetch over £300 AND still need coding to keys. The Hondata ECU doesn't. ;)

·
Banned
37 Posts
There is actually a big market for the Hondata ECUs with the lotus/kswap boys that are installing the K20Z motors.
The ECU is unlocked so the motor will run without having to mess around too much.

Remember it's a fully reflashed ECU and on their own ECUs can fetch over £300 AND still need coding to keys. The Hondata ECU doesn't. ;)
Paul... for an FN2 now.. what would be the more logical option? The hondata group N ECU or the flashpro?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.