2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this dude on YouTube. On the Autoshine channel where he cleans a mk8

I really need to clean my Civic to this level! God knows my Seats definetly need doing for sure with kids spilling drinks in there!

Are you guys very detailed with your clean?

He cleans some right rotten cars lol, Although the civic wasn't the worse

·
i-Vtec
3,492 Posts
Is this the Scottish guy from Blackpool, sorry cant see the video as im at work.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well the dude is Scottish and his favourite meal is gammon and chips...

My own car cleaning level of care is utterly trash, the insides are always near spotless but I only ever wash the outside with car shampoo then dry it off. I haven't polished my Alfa Romeo once and I've had it over 6 years.

A nutter at work pays £500 every 6 months for a professional valet... He doesn't have children :LOL:

·
Registered
254 Posts
He "only" has an old BMW E46 330ci, I didn't ask exactly what that sort of money includes but surely a proper deep clean is something that gets counter productive the more you do it...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he picks up abonandoned cars or old unloved cars for really cheap, details them and shifts them on

Props to him, some of the most disgusting cars I've seen restored superbly from what I seen on channel. Interesting watch

I just don't understand how people let their cars get extremely bad and just not bother

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've seen some properly rancid cars, you'll find they are usually folk's work vehicles or related to work.

Used to work for a demo firm as a kid and some bloke's van was literally a walk in ash tray, it was the filthiest thing I've ever seen. Probably got cancer from just being inside it :eek:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm so picky about the inside lol
Outside long as it's had a decent wax jobbie done I don't mind if it gets a bit dirty as it comes off easy

Turtle hard shell wax is great & lasts ages
Meguiars spray on wax is really good but don't last as long but takes minutes to apply

Before winter I tend to go hard shell summer I elect spray on

·
i-Vtec
3,492 Posts
The really manky ones are the best, go check out Ammo NYC on YouTube, check out the BMW he just did last week. Just dont watch it after your dinner. TBH It took me 3 days to clean my civic when I got it and tbh it wasnt that bad.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think mate's £500 valet includes stuff like the underside and engine bay. Or at least I'd hope so with that sort of money.

Removing the seats to clean everything down there and said seat properly goes a long way I'd imagine too...

·
i-Vtec
3,492 Posts
Nice "tutorial" on bringing back the plastics with a heat gun on the gen 8 at 20:47

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
During normal times I will wash the outside, hoover the inside and clean the dash every weekend. Wax the paint, clean the door shuts, engine bay, interior glass clean etc every 3 months. Hate sitting in a messy interior.

Have to say this year with the car not being used as much, my regime has slipped a little. Only done 1700 miles since March.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice "tutorial" on bringing back the plastics with a heat gun on the gen 8 at 20:47
I never knew a heat gun could bring back grey plastics... Problem is they're fairly expensive, more so than any "back to black" product! There are some cordless ones without any battery packs on eBay for £50 or so, I guess I could match them with the power pack I have for my drill.

Both my cars have some seriously faded grey plastic so it might be worth the investment!

·
i-Vtec
3,492 Posts
I never knew a heat gun could bring back grey plastics... Problem is they're fairly expensive, more so than any "back to black" product! There are some cordless ones without any battery packs on eBay for £50 or so, I guess I could match them with the power pack I have for my drill.

Both my cars have some seriously faded grey plastic so it might be worth the investment!
Expensive? Plenty on Amazon in the £20 range. Many on Ebay even cheaper.

·
i-Vtec
3,492 Posts
Never been a fan of cordless tbh, replacement battery's always end up costing more to replace than buying a new unit. Ive had 3 cordless drills in the time I've had my corded heat gun. Saying that the minute Lidl bring out a cordless Ratchet im buying one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I invested in a cordless drill to do the decking in my garden and I'm glad for it too otherwise I'd have spent a day stepping over cables... But I budgeted to do that one job with said drill, have used it a few times since.

Thing is as a home DIY/mechanic we'd only use something a dozen times or so over a number of years before the battery goes completely south I guess.

·
i-Vtec
3,492 Posts
Ive always bought Dewalt drills but its £50 a time for a new battery or £100 for a new drill and 2 batteries. Why would you buy two new batteries? When the batteries on my present Dewalt pack in i'll go to Parkside from Lidl, They are only about £20 a battery and all their cordless tools are cheap too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts