2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, looking for a honda civic at the minute, i think i have found a 2.2 cdti EX 56 plate 69000 miles £5400 which seems to be about the right price after a bit of hunting around. This will be my first honda although my mother had a prelude a few years ago now. Big car fan used to have skoda fabia vrs 1.9tdi remaped, then a saab 9-3 aero 2.0 and about to get rid of my qashqai that i have had from new for 3 years. Is there anything i should look for when i view it in a few days? Also a quick question it advertises that it has HIDS but im not sure if the dealer means it has those nasty aftermarket cheap xeons or he means xeons, did the civic come with xeons at certain trim levels? Any help appreciated.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Enjoy the torques of your starship.

Being an early 8th gen you should check the front of the roof for rust http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/81264-rusty-roof-honda-recall.html

If the bottom of the doors have plugs in, then remove them http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/181569-door-drain-plugs-leave-remove.html

Check the air con relay is the latest version http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/73473-updated-air-con-compressor-relay-prevent-failure.html

The derv's suffer from weak clutches but standard cars (not remapped) are mostly okay.

Don't worry though, the cars are typically very reliable

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for advice will check these and will do a read up on the A/C. Any idea on an average life span of the oem clutch (I understand it depends on how its been driven ect ect) but is there an average life expectancy?

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
There isn't really an average life for the clutch as much depends on driving style, if its a motorway cruiser, if the clutch pedal/cruise has been correctly adjusted, etc.

Mines done 104k on what I believe is the original clutch/DMF and it slips occasionally. Slip only occurred after the remap, no surprise there.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah fair enough my old skoda ripped apart its oem clutch within about 2 weeks of a remap so on went a single mass flywheel and a sachs racing clutch! kinda gets rid of the biting point in the clutch either on or off!!!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whos the main performance diesel parts company for honda? is the remap a good mod is it the usual 40-50 bhp gain with the obvious tourqe gain as well?

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
There are now a few options for uprated clutches, you'll easily find plenty of threads about 'em around here.

As you're on Cornwall, check out Celtic Tuning for a remap.

How'd you rate the FK3 over your previous cars?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure yet the civic i have looked at and want is not available until the 7/8th April so not lived with it yet. The skoda vrs after i finish the mods on it was the most fun i had in a car! the saab 9-3 is probably the nicest car I have driven, the qashqai is the most boring practical car I have had it just had no personality at all. I'm a massive fan of performance diesels and i do enjoy doing subtle modifications, i look at it as personalizing the car!

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
Hello all, looking for a honda civic at the minute, i think i have found a 2.2 cdti EX 56 plate 69000 miles £5400 which seems to be about the right price after a bit of hunting around. This will be my first honda although my mother had a prelude a few years ago now. Big car fan used to have skoda fabia vrs 1.9tdi remaped, then a saab 9-3 aero 2.0 and about to get rid of my qashqai that i have had from new for 3 years. Is there anything i should look for when i view it in a few days? Also a quick question it advertises that it has HIDS but im not sure if the dealer means it has those nasty aftermarket cheap xeons or he means xeons, did the civic come with xeons at certain trim levels? Any help appreciated.

If I am right they will be factory fitted HID on a EX but sure someone will tell you for sure

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts