2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i-Vtec
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work and an Audi(quell surprise) decided he didn't want to be in lane 4 of the roundabout and without a care in the world decided he wanted the lane I was in, lane 2. Hand on horn but after about only 2 seconds the horn cut out. Assuming its blown the fuse. About 1/2 mile later the VSA, ABS and Tyre symbol illuminated on the dashboard. Got to work, still no horn. Turned off the car and restarted it and ABS/VSA/Tyre lights are off, but Im assuming I may need to be moving for them to come back on. Had a look at the Fuse list but all seem to have their own fuses. Im night shift so I wont get a chance to look at this till tomorrow afternoon now.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Interestingly, The fuse is labelled as "Horn and STOP", What exactly stop is, I'm not too sure, but it seems to be wired to the brake position sensor - No idea why they have put them on the same circuit - Image here

·
i-Vtec
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stop lights (Brake lights)?
I imagine so, as I saw a snippet of haynes manual somewhere stating it protects the brake pedal position sensor circuit - It would make sense, but still seems strange to run them on the same fuse as the horn!

I saw that on the other list I found and did wonder myself. At least I will be able to try that fuse under the bonnet in the morning when I leave work.

·
4,484 Posts
Just for interest, do the brake lights work at the moment? If so, do they work if you pull fuse 21?

·
i-Vtec
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuse 21 was gone, put a new one in and all sorted. No sign of the VSA/ABS/Tyre lights, maybe the fuse popping just confused the ecu. @M8TJT no idea, never checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts