2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just joined but sure this site is going to be great. We test drove a 1.8 SE today & will be back to order it on friday. Loved the car, very exciting compared to the C-Max we own at present but why the comedy horn? We were in fits of laughter at it but won't be using it outside any mates houses! Anyone know of a solution to avoid embarrasment.

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
The horn seems to be something that Honda never quite perfected.... My EP3 Type-R horn was exactly the same... Kind of like a gay mouses squeek!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had to change the horn on my last Civic for that very same reason. Got sick of pedestrians falling around laughing at me when I gave it a quick toot. Anyway that’s enough about me caressing my horn thank you....ahum.:oops:[smilie=cheeky-grin:;):rolleyes:
[/FONT]

Can’t say that this one is that bad but then there are aftermarket horns that will give the car a more dignified voice!:D

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Hello Nev!

Welcome to the forum!
The sound of the horn is not a big issue to me, to be honest, considering it is almost prohibited to use anyway. Thank God for that. It is of course allowed to use it over here too indeed, but just in case of emergency.
After seven months ownership of my pride, I don't recall using the horn more than a couple of times, so it's not a big deal IMO ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts