2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replaced their horn with something louder than standard issue?
My horn is original equipment and it's pathetic. It's embarrassing to use.
Not looking for air horns or anything 'novelty', just something to replace the one/s already fitted. Got to be louder than what I have, though, and a fairly direct replacement...not looking for drastic relocation or major rewire.
Anyone done this, and can recommend make ? Something off another make/model, maybe?
New purchase is fine.
Second hand/breakers yard is also fine if anyone knows for sure which manufacturers have loud horns.

Many thanks. toot toot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just to say I agree with you man shed, the horn is piddly! Sorry I can't help but will also be interested if anyone can suggest anything better. I feel the same as you, don't want anything drastic or klaxon, but something 'firmer'. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
It was like whoever designed the Jazz got full responsibility of the horn on the Civic. It is just not meaty enough.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
sometimes i can laugh at it, reminds me of that film herbie goes bananas. but the next time the bumper is off its getting swapped over.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Anyone replaced their horn with something louder than standard issue?
My horn is original equipment and it's pathetic. It's embarrassing to use.
Not looking for air horns or anything 'novelty', just something to replace the one/s already fitted. Got to be louder than what I have, though, and a fairly direct replacement...not looking for drastic relocation or major rewire.
Anyone done this, and can recommend make ? Something off another make/model, maybe?
New purchase is fine.
Second hand/breakers yard is also fine if anyone knows for sure which manufacturers have loud horns.

Many thanks. toot toot.
How to here

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
They are no where near as girly as the wife's Focus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts