2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Certified Petrolhead
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A bit of background.

For the last 18 months I've been toiling around in this:

I get a £5.5K pa car allowance and I wanted to maximize what I got in my pocket as the company I work for stated that all I needed was 4 seats. It's been a great car and done sterling service along side my other wheels. The MX5.

Last month I got a payrise and an increase in my car allowance. While the MG has been brilliant I just don't like diesels very much and i was itching for a change. I can't remember what prompted me to look at a CTR but I posted a thread up on Pistonheads asking if I was mad to consider doing 16K miles + a year in one. You can read it here:

Civic Type R (FN2) as a 16K pa daily. Am I mad? - PistonHeads

In short the PH masses concluded that it was a perfectly sane thing to do and the search began. After looking at some that were over priced or just not the right car I eventually found the perfect one. Sadly it was a 7.5 hour round trip to go and see it. I couldn't spare a whole day just to look at one car. The seller then mentioned he was working just down the road from me the following week and if I was really, really, really interested he would take the Civic for the week. Clearly it was meant to be. Fast forward 3 days and a deal had been done and the car is parked outside the flat.

It's a 2007 on 32,000 miles with a complete and very detailed Honda history. Spec is GT with added parking sensors and ipod cable. He described the car as nearly mint and he wasn't kidding. I've since had it up on a ramp and the only defects are a handful of stone chips which is common on these. The interior looks, feels and smells like that of a brand new car. It's got an HKS induction kit which makes the Vtec even more addictive. I paid £7700 which I think is a pretty good price for the miles and condition.

3 days in and I have done £120 of fuel and over 600 miles in it with a permanent grin on my face. It's also sporting a PH smiley on it's rump. Future plans are not a lot. Probably a flash Pro and maybe the highly recommended 15mm wheel spacers. Many people complain about the ride but it seems fine to me, stiff but fine.

Next stop, the Pistonheads Sunday Service at Mercedes-Benz World this weekend for it's first car meet.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Good choice looks a minter, nice edited photos as well. What's the spec of the mx5 looks mean. Welcome to the forum :)

·
Certified Petrolhead
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the welcome guys. :cool:

What's the spec of the mx5 looks mean.
91 1.6 BRG V-SPEC - Compomotive ML 15x8 Alloys, Garage Vary Front Lip, KG Works Ducktail spoiler, Jackson Racing CAI, vented light cover, Larini Cat back stainless exhaust, Non-res de-cat pipe, Koni Sport shocks with Tein lowering springs, WIM fast road geometry, MKII windblocker, Safety-21 4 point cage, Sparco Sprint 5 Bucket Seat and stickers. I <3 stickers.
My build thread on MX5 Nutz is HERE if you want a read.

·
Certified Petrolhead
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Castle Combe, Goodwood and a few autosolos on parade grounds. Next one is next saturday at Goodwood.

It'll be getting supercharged in the next year or two so I can go around upsetting 911s. lol.

·
Certified Petrolhead
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Popped out earlier and grabbed some snaps as I've added a Carbon Mugen gear knob and a couple of stickers.

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
great pics ! I would love one of mine like the last one .can you do one for me ?

·
Certified Petrolhead
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's pretty easy. YOu need a tripod though as it's two shots merged together. One with the bonnet shut and one with it open. You then layer them on top of each other and use the eraser to blend out the bonnet in photoshop or similar.

If you can get the two shot I'm happy to do the Photoshop bit. :)

·
Certified Petrolhead
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should yeah but it was only a quick shot. I need to sort my self some time and a location to do a proper shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Very clean, excellent buy. Your photo skills are pretty sweet too. I can just about work m.s paint. :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts