2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a few months ago my civic developed a horrible groaning noise when turning, mainly in a full lock, from the passenger side. Problem was, it would come and go and not happen for a few weeks. We rang the local garage and got it diagnosed and they recommended a full strut top mount would need replacing at the expense of £180.
Kept it quiet for a week or so, but then the noise slowly started again, but this time it sounded like it was coming from both sides. It sounds like rubber on rubber sort of sound, kinda like a rope being pulled? Really loud from inside, like this video;
Some days is really noticeable, then others it won't even happen. Anyone have similar problems, or ideas what it is? Notice on the youtube video everyones asking, but no-one seems to know :/
Cheers

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Lower Ball joint rubbers !
Get under there and spray them with 3-1. If the noise goes away you've found your culprit.
You can actually buy the new rubbers but good luck in getting the right size. The one I bought was slightly too big so I had to use a Zip strip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lower Ball joint rubbers !
Get under there and spray them with 3-1. If the noise goes away you've found your culprit.
You can actually buy the new rubbers but good luck in getting the right size. The one I bought was slightly too big so I had to use a Zip strip.
Hey thanks for your reply.
I'm up for spraying it, but really not that great at DIY on cars and wouldn't know where to even begin. Can you explain exactly where they are? I've tried googling but still not 100%

Is it this labelled here?
Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts