2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any horror stories from cleaning/detailing?

i.e. maybe forgot to put a pad on your DA and attacked your car with a Velcro backing plate... defo didn't do that lol seriously. I didn't.

Maybe spilled a product all over the interior?

Anything at all.

Just wondering :)

DP

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
A pad (cyc 75mm white) exploded as I did rear quater and Velcro from backing caught paint took me an hour and a half to carefully correct the marks after!

Also a friend I was quick detailing his car and said pat dry mine turn around as he was half way through using my interior crappy mfs and rubbing my paint I punched him so hard in his kidneys he almost passed out! He deserved it he's seen me use my wooly mammoth millions of times and used it on his and I already had it on my car! Arghhh emotional at the thought and yes he did add swirls and scratches

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
My dad also emptied my bucket after I'd washed dried qd tyres etc emptied it on the grass from a height next to my car mud all up my car

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I once decided to jetwash the snowfoam away from around the car......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
haha been there!

A while back I thought it would be a good idea to power-wash the gaps in between the slabs right next to my car :)

Honestly don't know what goes through my head sometimes :facepalm:

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
I'd finished washing and drying my car and then my dad chucked the used buckets of water over it. He said that's how he always finished washing his car when he was younger, the worst thing is that he was serious.

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
I'd finished washing and drying my car and then my dad chucked the used buckets of water over it. He said that's how he always finished washing his car when he was younger, the worst thing is that he was serious.
My dad still does that lol :(

Sent via NecronomiPhon

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Took it to a supermarket car wash instead of doing it myself and had a foot long scratch going vertical down my windscreen about four inches from edge my side.:mad:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
In my old Astra SRi, I decided to let the missus have a few beers and I drove...She decided to decorate the inside with vomit on way home!!!!! Took bleeding months to remove the smell....Suffice to say she normally drives now or we get a taxi when we go out to meet up with mates....:D

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
When I had my rs turbo my mum decided to interfere while I was washing it (god knows why but she is obsessed with cleaning cars) I was cleaning the wheels on the drivers side when she shouts across to me "this bird poo comes off really easy with a scouring pad" :(

I was with my mate at the jet wash and he decided he would let his new mrs clean his focus rs (she claimed to be awesome at cleaning cars) while we chatted and watched her use the sponge inside the wheel arch then straight across the 1/4 panel :facepalm:

·
JAE 2012 "cleanest car"
2,464 Posts
Last year i tried to snow foam at -3 epic fail as it froze to the car :facepalm:

Detailed my missis seat arosa when i first got my da. Took 8 and a half hours (see pics below)

2 weeks later she came back with a shiny boy air fresher dangling on the rear view mirror i was not happy ! Let's just say i haven't touched it since

Attachments

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
when id had mine about 2 weeks i got out and saw some bird muck by the back window so i thought ill get that off straight away with warm water and a bit of kitchen roll before it dries on too much (cuz im careful like that), started wiping it and dropped the roll, picked it up and carried on wiping and id managed to pick up a stone and it looks like ive drawn a cob web on it ( guesss im not so careful :facepalm: ) ... never again :(

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I remember when I got my first ever car (Corsa SXi+) there was a bird poo above the rear wheel arch on the paint.

I decided to remove said bird poo with a wet bit of kitchen roll... I scrubbed and scrubbed til there was no paint left lol poor car!

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Once I sprayed born to be slippy to my dash instead of spraying wolfs interior apc. Same bottle same color :mad:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts