2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All four discs are too hot to touch after a normal run.
Is this to be expected?
I have replaced pads and thoroughly cleaned calipers, etc. If jacked up, the wheels turn relatively freely. Handbrake is OK and free.
Its something I have never thought about before, so comment welcome, please.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
All four discs are too hot to touch after a normal run.
Is this to be expected?
I have replaced pads and thoroughly cleaned calipers, etc. If jacked up, the wheels turn relatively freely. Handbrake is OK and free.
Its something I have never thought about before, so comment welcome, please.
Not something I have checked myself so i can't really comment. However if you are unsure that the brakes aren't right then best thing is take it for a brake check at a garage.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Never checked the ones on the car, but on the bike I've burned myself on them when I've gone to check the tyre pressure at a garage... considering that they are totally exposed I'd guess the car ones get pretty toasty too!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Brakes use friction to work, so will be hot, if they are over heating get your brake fluid checked. I think I am right in saying that if it "boils" then it leaves carbon behind when it cools, and becomes less effective

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.