2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, in a local newspaper (the one I work for :p) the following "deal" was announced. :confused:
To me the only thing that came to mind was: ludicrous!

12000 watt? That would mean a 1000 amps current from a 12V battery. So I guess you'd have to install a not-yet-existing battery, not to mention superconductors to carry the current.
150 kg? Special suspension would be a must, too.
8499 euro's? Duh? Ok then... How much for one of my kidneys?

And then there's welds tearing apart, screws loosening, wheels falling off, seismic alarms, global warming,... [smilie=tongue.gif]

However, The 50 cm diameter would be no problem with the huge Civic trunk. ;)

K.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Yesterday, in a local newspaper (the one I work for :p) the following "deal" was announced. :confused:
To me the only thing that came to mind was: ludicrous!

12000 watt? That would mean a 1000 amps current from a 12V battery. So I guess you'd have to install a not-yet-existing battery, not to mention superconductors to carry the current.
150 kg? Special suspension would be a must, too.
8499 euro's? Duh? Ok then... How much for one of my kidneys?

And then there's welds tearing apart, screws loosening, wheels falling off, seismic alarms, global warming,... [smilie=tongue.gif]

However, The 50 cm diameter would be no problem with the huge Civic trunk. ;)

K.
Well if I were up to blast my head off I'd take the cheaper version (a shotgun) :D
But seriously: with this kind of weight one can be seriously worried about the ride quality after installing it - certainly good results can be achieved with smaller and lighter units as well

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
...8499 euro's? Duh? Ok then... How much for one of my kidneys?

K.
With 50cm diameter I would be worried about overpressure and underpressure stressing the windows to shattering point! [smilie=paranoid.gi:

Oh, and I believe the going rate for a kidney is about £10000 (about €14500) - so you could almost afford two! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,171 Posts
that will stop the rear shocks from knocking!! wont have any left!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts