2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can we have some pictures of the 9G with the mudguards all round?
The current pics that can be found on the web and on civinfo.com are not clear to judge.

·
Administrator
21,156 Posts
I agree that the mounting is not that solid. I got them to protect the paintwork.

Nothing worse than a rear under bumper covered in rain/mud trails IMO

·
Registered
78 Posts
Reactions: Roshn

·
Registered
104 Posts
hello,

personally i like mudguards - i had them on my previous car (opel corsa), and bought them together with my new honda.

they are very discreet, so i don't know do they help and how much.

but i like them
:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hmm I was thinking of getting mudguards to protect the paint but my Honda dealer talked me out of it. He said that there were problems with the 8 gen if you lived in a cold and snowy country like Sweden. Snow and ice buildup can cause the mudguards to break of and cause other problems.

Just a word of caution for those that like to slide around in snow... :)

·
Administrator
21,156 Posts
Never had any snow build up issues on my 8G with flaps and I did have some serious snow build up at times.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread!
I got the mudguards today for my 2012 civic and the grey is much much lighter than the dark grey wheel arch protectors.
I have not fitted them yet as I'm unsure about the colour difference, you would think they would match?
The honda ones I have are for a 2012-2013 civic only, but the later civics have a much darker colour mud guard but the guy in the parts department told me they would not fit.
I'm pretty sure they would be the same, can anyone confirm? Failing that i'm thinking of getting some autoglym black dye to darken them a bit
Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Looks good if was buying the car would have mud flaps as live in the contry there plenty of muck about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts