2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Got new discs and pads from ebc which arrived today. I have a guy lined up to replace them for the old ones. The thing is he cant do it until next week and the back right pad is now down to the metal and scraping the disc.

So I would like to know how difficult it is to do it yourself ? I have seen te guide for the changing the front pads but havent seen or noticed one for the back. Also is there a guide on changing the discs?

cheers

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Think they are pretty easy. You will need a special tool from push the rear caliper back. The fronts tend to be easier though as you don't have to do this. You can pick up the tool pretty much in any auto shop.

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
You need the wind back tool, otherwise you wont get the job done. The rest can be followed HERE. Pretty good write up so you shouldn't go wrong.

Pretty simple job for a anyone really.

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
you can get universal ones, your local motor factors will help.

Job like this from Honda front and back is £190 so worth saving the money and investing in the tool ;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it sorted this morning. Found a local small mechanic to do the job for me. Left it in at 11:00 and got it back at 13:00. Cost me £50 and that was for changing the discs and all four pads to ebc redstuff.

Figured that price was reasonable if you consider that halfords charge £30 for the wind back tool (probably cheaper elsewhere).

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts