2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have a Honda Civic 2007. My onboard thermometer (which gives a digital reading like the image below) is not giving correct readings. It either gives a reading much below the actual temperature or gives nothing at all, only dashes! How do I fix this? Any ideas?

I'm thinking about checking, and possibly replacing, the sensor but where is it located? Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The ambient temperature sensor can be seen through the front bumper grille below the front number plate.

Your varied temperature readings does sound like a faulty sensor, but I would also check that there is no corrosion on the sensor connector as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
I could replace the sensor, it does more than tell you ambient air temp.
It acts like a choke to modern cars.

It tells the ECU what baseline to use for fuel for the current air temp on start up

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread - But I've noticed mine takes a little while to get to the "Correct" temperature (according to the weather), it normally starts off at around 7/8c, but then eventually makes it's way to, for instance, 2c (the actual temperature), is this normal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all very much. I plan to check it next weekend. I hope it won't rain (Urg... UK weather).

Killgroup,
I wish I could help you but I don't really know, although Grayfox's reply should suffice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but just in case anyone else has this come up, I have just replaced mine, bought the part from DHGate.com for $16 from China with free delivery, delivered in 2 weeks and with a long thin screwdriver (to release the little clips) and a pair of long nose pliers was able to get the old part off, and the new one on in 20 mins without removing the bumper, was a bit fiddly but relatively easy to do and as opposed to it saying it is 55C in the snow it is now showing a more reasonable 3C and I have cabin temperature control again, happy days.

Just thought this may help

·
Registered
436 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but just in case anyone else has this come up, I have just replaced mine, bought the part from DHGate.com for $16 from China with free delivery, delivered in 2 weeks and with a long thin screwdriver (to release the little clips) and a pair of long nose pliers was able to get the old part off, and the new one on in 20 mins without removing the bumper, was a bit fiddly but relatively easy to do and as opposed to it saying it is 55C in the snow it is now showing a more reasonable 3C and I have cabin temperature control again, happy days.

Thanks for the post :) handy to know

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, thanks for this. Its very helpful to me ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts