2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NEON ICON
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1.4L civic. its such a sporty looking car but the 1.4 sounds pretty quiet. i dont want a stupidly Loud exhaust, i just want it to sound a bit louder and sportier... is there any way to do this without going for a full exhaust system? i would also like to have two exhaust ends for the triangle exhaust exits. can this be done with a backbox??

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Speak to an exhaust place see what they say, you will need one that can weld mild steel.

Personally I'd go for a full custom stainless system and just ask for 2 boxes to keep the noise down, also stay OEM diameter.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Get yourself an air filter that is not enclosed, cheaper than an exhaust and less chance of drone

·
"Boards don't hit back"
589 Posts
Trade in for a Type R??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
smokinnn lol if you want noise, take the airbox lid off and wrap a tight over the top, performance will fall through the floor but you'll get the old people in town snapping their necks to give you dirty looks lol

but on a serious note... Induction kit, exhaust, decat maybe. You have a 1.4 at the end of the day though mate so do you really want to be heard coming down street sounding like your doing 100mph to be spotted just touching 30mph lol

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Yeh if u don't want it to loud but sportier sounding u can get a local garage who fits exhaust to make u a twin pipe back box but don't remove middle silencer as will be a lot louder then they can remove fake triangles n put tail pipes in. I had it done to mine but I wanted it louder so removed middle aswell n it went loud!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts