2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem stupid but I've searched the handbook and can't find how to shut off the sat nav - or even the voice directions - while the car is being driven. Does anyone know if switching off the ignition is the only was to turn it off?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How do I shut off Sat Nav during a journey?

This may seem stupid but I've searched the handbook and can't find how to shut off the sat nav - or even the voice directions - while the car is being driven. Does anyone know if switching off the ignition is the only was to turn it off?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
If you dont press ok on the start up screen it wont come on

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you dont press ok on the start up screen it wont come on
I know that! How do I stop it altogether when I want to switch it off when I'm driving along [say] halfway to my destination?:confused:
There's no way to do that or to shut the sound off.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a way to stop the guidance but I've forgotten how to do that. Anyone know the sequence for that please?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Open the glove box and give "Er Under The Dash" a good slap.

Press the button on the steering wheel and say :-

1. Voice prompt off. OR
2. Voice instructions off. Or
3 .Directions voice off.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Here you go jefkandoo. and Jack the Lad

To turn off Sat Nav screen whilst driving just press the display mode button on the dash board at the side of the Enter button.

If set to day driving press 3 times
If set to night time driving press 2 times.

To turn Sat Nav back on press display button one time.

Cheers

John G

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
;)
But I'm pretty certain that you can leave the screen on and mute the voice only, by voice command, as per my previous post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Off the top of my head, apologies if I am wrong. Whilst the sat nav is still guiding, I hit return which brings a list of options (the first is to stop guidance). So select that.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Just press the brightness button the dash 2 or 3 times the screen will go ofF to turn on again just press it once

cheers JG

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It may seem stupid but why can't Honda just give us an 'ON/OFF' button!
Thanks for all your replies.

·
Registered
76 Posts
there is an option.
all u need to do is press the back button while driving. then choose stop. or just shout stop into the mic.
but i dont understand why you need to set the destination if you dont want to use it.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Why would you want to turn it completely off when you have planned a route?

If you haven't planned a route then it doesn't make a noise.

I mute the sound unless I want spoken directions in an unfamiliar area :

Menu > Setting1 > Volume

If you don't want to view the map then press Audio or Climate

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Blimey, quite a few methods to choose from (my favourite being give the box a slap!) but if you are trying to do what I think you are (kill the directions before you arrive but still have the screen / map running?) then hit the second of the steering controls (not the voice activation one, I think it's the lowest one down as you feel it) and then options come up on the screen including one for "Stop Guidance" - that stops the current route but leaves the map functions as if you were just driving normally

Took me ages to figure out!

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Why would you want to turn it completely off when you have planned a route?

If you haven't planned a route then it doesn't make a noise.

Thats why i put what i did in the first reply to this, thought you just wanted to not have it on in the first place, doesn't make sense to me either but hey ho:confused:

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Even though I know my way home from the office I always plot the route, but have the voice off.

This way, if the TMC picks up any traffic problems then I get warned (but only visually).

You have to monitor the M25 all the time these days :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts